Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler to stop leasing

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler to stop leasing

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25851657/

Way to go morons!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Chrysler to stop leasing

I can see it now, all rental units will be Kia's in the near future.............[:'(]

Dusty

Old 07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no one is buying cars...lets stop letting them rent them too!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the majority of these high priced, big company execs all went to college to lose their common sense!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

But they still get the millions of dollars in perks when things go wrong......... aka the "golden parachute".[:@]

Dusty

Old 07-26-2008, 02:25 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I was just at the DCJ dealer today to have my truck serviced and my g-friend and I were talking about getting a new 4-dr wrangler for her and get rid of her Liberty. The lack of a lease doesnt bother me, in fact it might just be better in the short run for those that want to buy because it will just leave more of them sitting on the dealer lots and rebates and price decreases will bring all of them down to or below invoice. Of course in the long run it leaves Chrysler in the poorhouse. After we looked at the jeeps we went next door to the Hummer dealer and found an '07 H2 sitting on the display rock pile that hadnt sold yet and it was marked down from $78,000 to $57,000... funny thing is I started to look around and found that they had a parking lot full of them 07's. Hate to be GM about now. Wonder how much longer the Hummer brand will survive.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Here is the problem, about 20 percent of all chrysler sales are leases. Mostly in the detroit, and new york markets. So chrysler just told 20 percent of their customers to take a hike. My self included, and I work for the company.

It's been a couple of months since I've posted, and now I can't post right, whats the problem???

Old 07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: SHAPman

Here is the problem, about 20 percent of all chrysler sales are leases. Mostly in the detroit, and new york markets. So chrysler just told 20 percent of their customers to take a hike. My self included, and I work for the company.

It's been a couple of months since I've posted, and now I can't post right, whats the problem???
I was wondering about that, so they arent even going to offer employee's leases?

My mom and sister went to trade in her 06 dakota a Wednesday (lease is almost up.) She is stuck on getting an avenger, and with our employee pricing, we could get a decent SXT for $15000. The cheapest they could go, with my mom's good credit was $190 a month with $3100 down. If you figure it out, you will be paying half of the vehicle's value in 2 years, then giving it back. We have leased 4 vehicles from the same dealer, and they usually deal with us, but with the avenger they didn't want to budge off the price. Now I know why.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:33 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not say they lost 20%. If that is the amount of sales that are leases they will not loose them all. Some lease Chrysler becuase they want Chrysler. If the want it, they will finda way.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:23 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Most people that lease chryslers is because they are usually the cheap lease. If they still want to lease, they will. At ford, GM or the imports. If I can't lease, then I sure am not buying. My truck would have cost me almost 600 a month to buy. I'm leasing it for 250. They are going to have a real hard time getting people to make that jump.

Quick Reply: Chrysler to stop leasing