Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Cerberus = 29% better quality for Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cerberus = 29% better quality for Chrysler

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/09/c...e-than-before/

Who said Cerberus couldn't do it?

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 09-11-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:20 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The catch is that they are denying claims. Just like toyota does.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Strange, I have an all Chrysler fleet, and excepting the 98 Ram, I've spent all of $0 for repairs. The 03 Neon has 71k miles and other than a low rpm idle issue, it has been a really good car. It is slower and doesn't handle half as good as my 97 Neon, but that's not a quality issue, they just have made it ALOT heavier than what it was. When I was a Ford/Nissan tech, I learned half of what people thought was wrong, wasn't and the other half wanted their stupidity covered under warranty. I don't believe a company trying to rebuild is going to make claim denial their priority and alienate hard earned customers. There's no money in it.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Trust me I work for them.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:19 PM
rfeiller

there certainly are some major issues with the 6.7 diesel. those of us that own them are sitting on time bombs. unless dodge really gets proactive, this will destroy the dodge truck.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:59 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Do what you want, I work for the company. My wife works at a dealer. She used to work for a pontiac toyota dealer. She said similar rules are coming down the pipe that toyota used to have. My dad just had a very simple complaint denied. Remember Jim Press used to work for toyo. He is now the #2 guy at chryslerabus.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Originally Posted by ericemery
really, trust you because you work for them? wow.

Why should we trust you? simply because you work for someone? How do we know you arnt a disgruntled employee, or work for a shady dealer?

My whole family buys dodge... we have only had 1 issue with them saying no to warranty work. Guess what... it wasnt dodge that said no, it was the dealer. Took it to the next one and problem solved...
You called it. What kind of service you get will vary wildly from dealer to dealer. That seems to be an issue with ChryCo, the service is very inconsistent. Where my parents live, the local dealer absolutely sucks--and my brother in law's dad is sales mgr there, even THEY cant get warranty work done! Granted, it was a chevy malibu and those things are guaranteed crap but they've been a GM dealership ever since I was a kid. You go 12 miles to the next town, the ChryCo dealer is awesome.

But Shapman makes a good point too: Press is used Toyota goods, and toyota is notorious for wishing away serious problems. The attitude there is 'its a toyota, nothing could possibly be wrong'. My dad and I took my sister's supra in for bad clearcoat and with the attitude we got, I was thinking we were going to be in a fistfight before it was over.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe makes good points, but makes those same points all the time. Me thinks he really hates Chrysler. JK Joe

Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

No its just I have an insiders view. Trust me nothing has changed on the assy side of things. The only thing that has changed is Cerberus is very against overtime. And they got cheap in certain stupid areas. A common saying there is that the company trips over dollars to save pennies. Its a sad but true saying.

On the contrary I want to see this company succeed leaps and bounds. But I see the stupid mistakes we make daily. I can't figure out how these guys make a whole lot of money to lead us, but have no common sense. I really hope we get better.

Joe

Quick Reply: Cerberus = 29% better quality for Chrysler