Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

can u say pwnd

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:23 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
I'm not exactly understanding why they compared an SRT-8 to the Bullitt.... if anything, compare the Shelby to the SRT-8.....

I hate CRAPPY comparisons like this......there's nothing OWNED about it..
So you think we should compare the supercharged Mustang to the NA Challenger for it to be fair? I'd say not unless the Challenger is also supercharged...

Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
So you think we should compare the supercharged Mustang to the NA Challenger for it to be fair? I'd say not unless the Challenger is also supercharged...
No, you are comparing the high end model to a mid level model, and that's my problem with the comparison.

Whether it's supercharged, turbocharged, or plain old N/A is IRRELEVANT.

You compare the most accurate models you can for it to be EQUAL. The ACR Viper and the ZR1 Corvette would be the most accurate comparisons.

The GT500 and the SRT-8 Challenger would be the most accurate comparisons.

If anything, they should have used an R/T Challenger here....but the point was to show how great the Challenger was, despite the fact it was being compared to a mid-level model giving up 100+hp and 100ftlbs of torque..

Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It definitely would have been a better comparison with the R/T Challenger, but then, you should use the normal GT Mustang as well.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:51 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
No, you are comparing the high end model to a mid level model, and that's my problem with the comparison.

Whether it's supercharged, turbocharged, or plain old N/A is IRRELEVANT.

You compare the most accurate models you can for it to be EQUAL. The ACR Viper and the ZR1 Corvette would be the most accurate comparisons.

The GT500 and the SRT-8 Challenger would be the most accurate comparisons.

If anything, they should have used an R/T Challenger here....but the point was to show how great the Challenger was, despite the fact it was being compared to a mid-level model giving up 100+hp and 100ftlbs of torque..
Precisely, when I first heard about this comparison months ago, I slammed it because it is completely illogical. Why compare a top level to a special edition of a mid-level car.

Altair, you're failing to take into account that the Challenger would still have a significant advantage in displacement still between the GT500 and SRT-8. The pricing between those two are closer, the power output is closer, the performance is closer between those two, it simply doesn't make sense.

I realize that the Challenger would loose to the GT500 on the acceleration times by a couple tenths of a second; however, the Challenger would probably win anyhow on the bang for your buck debate since it is several thousand cheaper and the top speed is much higher on the Challenger. Even if the Challenger lost in their view, I would rather loose with honor than win by a stupid comparison.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

If the Challenger wasn't a fat pig, it would prolly be king of the "new" muscle/pony cars.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I see what you guys are saying about the mid-level vs. high-level but at least for me when I see a comparison such as Viper ACR vs. ZR1 I tend to think "Ok now how about after we turbo/supercharge the ACR?" The ZR1 is already supercharged, I'm sure you can get more out of it still but the ACR has much more potential and is already holding it's own without FI.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:04 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what you guys are saying about the mid-level vs. high-level but at least for me when I see a comparison such as Viper ACR vs. ZR1 I tend to think "Ok now how about after we turbo/supercharge the ACR?" The ZR1 is already supercharged, I'm sure you can get more out of it still but the ACR has much more potential and is already holding it's own without FI.
Well what about the fact that the Viper is using 10 cylinders vs. the Vette's 8 cylinders?

You could knit pick this one to death, but ultimately, horsepower is still horsepower, regardless of how you get it....

I'd also like to add here...

The current Z06 (LS7 V8, 500hp Non Aspirated) is barely slower then the current Viper....even with the additional 125hp that it has AND the additional cylinders.....so you see why I say that you could knit pick it to death...

Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Oh we definitely could, and I'd love to have either one of them. I'm just always thinking of what's left to do, I mean modding it is half the fun

Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm betting that the 5.7L 375hp 6-speed R/T on my dealers lot will still outrun the Bullitt Mustang. And that is a fair comparison.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Oh we definitely could, and I'd love to have either one of them. I'm just always thinking of what's left to do, I mean modding it is half the fun
I wouldn't care if the Viper only made 300 hp. The looks would make me still want it over the Vette.