Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

ZR1 goes back to N-ring still cant beat Viper ACR time

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Jviper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR1 goes back to N-ring still cant beat Viper ACR time

ZR1 new time 7:22.4. Viper ACR record time 7:22.1. Time to take ACR back for a second time. The missed shifts in the vipers record run is seconds right there.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/28/c...off-ring-time/

Old 10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

That's pretty good, considering they're running on the Michelin Run flat tires......would be nice to see them use actual racing tires...

Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

theyre not supposed to use any upgraded tires...thats what the whole fuss between porsche and nissan is about...porsche claims that nissan used an upgraded tire on the GTR in its record ring times, but nissan defends themselves by pointing out that the tires they used are an option in one of the packages for the GTR.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ACR could knock off 4 too.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
theyre not supposed to use any upgraded tires...thats what the whole fuss between porsche and nissan is about...porsche claims that nissan used an upgraded tire on the GTR in its record ring times, but nissan defends themselves by pointing out that the tires they used are an option in one of the packages for the GTR.
Then better disqualify the ACR, because it did... it uses a different tire then whats available on the base SRT-10.

However, none of the ZR-1 or ACR runs mean anything right now...because they are unofficial times.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

But thats my point...its the same situation as the GTR. Nissan offers better trimlines similar to the ACR, but my understanding is that they were using a GTR, but with the tires from another trimline...which is an issue that hasnt been addressed before....

Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
But thats my point...its the same situation as the GTR. Nissan offers better trimlines similar to the ACR, but my understanding is that they were using a GTR, but with the tires from another trimline...which is an issue that hasnt been addressed before....
Actually, the ACR uses an exclusive tire that is available only to the ACR.....whereas the Michelin Tires on the ZR-1 are stock tires for all the Corvettes...

I think that in order for you to be able to use the tires, it has to be available to every model....and I believe that is what Nissan is saying....its an available option on all the cars.

The ACR isnt..

Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The ACR is still using it's stock tires.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:29 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
Actually, the ACR uses an exclusive tire that is available only to the ACR.....whereas the Michelin Tires on the ZR-1 are stock tires for all the Corvettes...

I think that in order for you to be able to use the tires, it has to be available to every model....and I believe that is what Nissan is saying....its an available option on all the cars.

The ACR isnt..
the ACR isnt what? Are you faulting Dodge for being bright enough to put a high performance tire on the ACR trimline? The nissan issue is that nissan used tires not available on the "normal" GTR, where porsche used tires that are available on the exact trimline of porsche that they ran. nissan used tires from one of their performance packages, but it WAS a tire offered on an available trimline of that car...so it was stock to them. the ACR comes to the owner with the tires it was tested wearing, making them stock.

And what do you mean the michelins are the stock tires on all corvettes?

the tires on the base model vette for 2009 are goodyear eagle extended mobility tires...this is for every package, coupe and vert.

the tires on the Z06 are goodyear eagle F1 supercars

the tires on the zr1 are indeed michelin pilot sports, and going through their website, there is no option to equip these tires on any trimline other than the zr1.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Nofrag
Champion

Tire shmires, if the factory ZR1 with it's V8 is only 3 tenths off of the race ready ACR viper, that does not say good things about the ACR viper, now does it?

Quick Reply: ZR1 goes back to N-ring still cant beat Viper ACR time