Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

little thing about GM or Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:00 AM
1996Ram318
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ried69
Actually, Nissan would be more likely to just get rid of the Ram and all other Dodge types that it already has than GM.
Reason why:
For any of the die-hard Dodge people out there, GM has two major vehicles. Not one, but two. The Chevy and GMC. Now, would that really hurt their lineup to get rid of the Dodge? Think of it like this: Dodge makes sales. I don't know numbers, but we'll say a roundabout number of 1 million vehicles a year. GMC sells a roundabout number of 1 million also. Chevy sells a roundabout number of 1 million also. Dodge is then dissolved as a company completely. With the previous Dodge owners having to now look into new vehicles, the GM sales might swing up from a roundabout number of 2 million up to a roundabout number of 2.6 million. So where did those other Dodge sales go? Well, the people decided to buy other names, and went to the brands like Ford, Toyota, and Nissan. So their projected 1 million sales dropped to 600 thousand sales. Now to keep the last 400 thousand, they could just keep the Dodge factories and keep the Dodge lineup, or almost all of the lineup.
As any company would know, getting rid of a company name is the stupidest thing you could do. Would they keep the Dodge name, GM could almost keep all of the 1 million sales from Dodge. As some of you have said, there are some people who just wouldn't buy a GM for some reason.

Would Nissan buy it, well, they're Nissan. They have a big truck and a smaller version. That's it. So this would start them a new business method to keep the Dodge. Like mentioned before, the Titan will basically be a Ram. Well, why keep the Ram when they already have one? Their Pathfinder would probably get rid of the Durango, and they would put the Dakota engine and all in their little truck. So as far as for Dodge owners, Nissan would probably be the worse outlook for a "Dodge."

What I could see happening:
Like I believe was posted on the site, isn't Dodge selling the Viper? So the Viper will still be around. The Durango would most likely stay, because once again, it was said on here that the Trailblazer and Envoy is being stopped. But they will replace them, and the Durango would fit that category. The cars like the Neon and Sebring and Avenger, well, I don't think they would stay around, except for maybe the Neon. That would then replace the Cobalt, as the Neon is a better known car. As far as the Jeep, I really wish that the Hummer would be discontinued. In my books, that's just a waste of time and money. Fuel guzzlers, and not many people can justify buying one of those over the Jeep. The Charger and Challenger, well they would most likely stay around. That is another one of the times where they get, for calculation purposes, we'll say 100,000 sales each a year, along with the Camaro and the Mustang. Were the Charger and Challenger to stop, that would leave 200,000 unspoken for sales. Not all of them will go to the Camaro. They might get a better share than the Mustang might be able to nab, but it's still a loss overall for GM.
Onto the engines, if GM would be able to use Cummins in all their trucks, I think would be good. I would like to see a company with a choice between engines. That way you can choose which one you like more, or better suits your needs in a truck. I also heard from someone that GM is putting a diesel in their 1500s sometime.
You need to stop smokin` that sticky-icky. There are alot of people who won`t buy a foreign made truck. So if Nissan had Dodge, they would make more money because Dodge has the name recognition of being American made. And at the moment Nissan only makes 1/2 ton trucks, so having the Ram 2500 and 3500 would give them a bigger stake in the market. I can`t personally see them offering a Cummins Titan, so it would make more sense to sell the truck that is already known. GM would never keep the Dodge or Chrysler lines. The only things they want are the Hemi, the Cummins, and Jeep.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Nofrag
Champion

Well being that Toyota is the number one selling company, I'd say those people who won't buy foreign are outnumbered buy people who will. And there are millions who buy exclusively foreign.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:21 PM
1996Ram318
All Star

Don`t tell me about the American consumer, you aren`t American. The people who won`t have a foreign car outnumber those who will. Not everybody wants your foreign crap.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1996Ram318
Don`t tell me about the American consumer, you aren`t American. The people who won`t have a foreign car outnumber those who will. Not everybody wants your foreign crap.
Quick -- Name a 100% American vehicle.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Then I got really bad news for you.....

Not only is nothing 100% American made when it comes to automobiles, but the fact is, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda, and Suzuki actually sell about HALF the vehicles in the US....

So please, spare us the nonsense..

Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 PM
1996Ram318
All Star

I never said American MADE, I was reffering to American OWNED. My Dodge was assembled across the border. But Chrysler Corp. is still run out of the US (I know one of you will say they are owned by a Canadian company).

Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Gary-L
Legend

I never said American MADE, I was reffering to American OWNED. My Dodge was assembled across the border. But Chrysler Corp. is still run out of the US (I know one of you will say they are owned by a Canadian company).
So why should I buy a product from an inefficiently run American owned company, such as General Motors, or an ineptly run company, such as Ford? What's wrong with buying a quality product from a foreign company, such as Toyota, Honda, or Nissan? Don't forget that the latter three employ many thousands of Americans, plus they give the people what the people want. Ford and GM have always been slow or resistant in giving the people what they want.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

canada is still america just not the US America includes both north and south Amercia

North America consists of Mexico, US, and Canada

Old 11-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
canada is still america just not the US America includes both north and south Amercia

North America consists of Mexico, US, and Canada
When people scream about "American Made" it is (supposedly) understood that it means "Good ol' USA".

Please, shrpshtr325, don't muddle us with facts

Old 11-04-2008, 03:15 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Canada is the 53rd state, behind Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands..

Quick Reply: little thing about GM or Nissan