Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Senator calls for 50-mpg mandate for Detroit to receive aid

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HankL
the more you learn about CA congressman Henry Waxman
the more you will worry about the future vehicles that you will be allowed to buy,
and what the cost of fuel will soon be

Yep. But hopefully, he'll pay out enough rope that people will scream "ENOUGH" and he'll have to retreat.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:37 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The people we have in office now days are some the best politicians that money can buy.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Charlie, it took me a sec to catch your meaning! I think youre right tho.

And as to this idiot Waxman trying to dictate whats going to be bought and sold, I say to hell with that. If all you can buy new is an electric shaver with seats then all these left wing dictator wannabes can stick that you know where. My Jeep will always have a strong aftermarket following to keep it going, and so will other enthusiast cars.

Whats scary is that you have idiots like John Edwards saying if he were elected pres that he would support confiscation of all SUVs. Ill tell you right now that wouldnt stand here. Id lose that battle, but Id definitely give them something to think about on my way down.

Quick Reply: Senator calls for 50-mpg mandate for Detroit to receive aid