Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

They are tempting me, new discounts....

Old 01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds like you need a 4 door Ram to fill in for the truck need and the 4 dor car need. Best of both worlds. I would love to trade my 08 Ram for an 09, but I'll never get the deal that I got on the 08 and can't afford a bigger payment since I also have a monthly payment on the 09 Caliber.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The dealer kept saying I have to wait until Monday to make any deals with the new stuff. Shocking really, do they really want to make a sale?

In the end I will probably wait. If I buy now it will just sit until weather breaks. Then I will have to sell the TA sooner than I want to. Spring 10, I keep repeating it everytime I pass the dealership.....

Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lower prices are not going to happen, a base st and loaded up Lariamie cost the same to build ( body, engine, drive train, paint ) all the extra options don't cost dodge any thing to add to the truck, but gives them the incentive to charge more.

Low intrest rates, Employee pricing, rebates, don't sell the truck, thier extra marketing gimacks all ready built into the price, your not getting any thing.

Dealer net works are old out of date means of buying, you should be albe to buy directy from dodge, pay the dealer a wage for preping the truck, and you should be out the door..

None of this up selling bull ****...

Old 02-14-2009, 09:59 AM
drober30
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your FICO is a starting point but not the only factor.

I ordered a RAM Sport and am very excited but it was not easy and I almost bought a Toyota Tundra out of spite.

I have 715 FICO. I have never missed a payment and have a perfect re-payment history. This includes 20 + auto loans, many through Chrysler, including the RAM I'm in now. I was not approved!

They said that Chrysler has their own scoring system. Regardless of what system they use, if they are not going to extend me credit than they are in big trouble.

The dealer could not believe it themselves. The dealer principle called Chrysler Financial and went up the chain of command to get the deal done. Dealer is being pressured to sell cars and they are frustrated too!

I received the approval including 0% for 48 months but I had to show pay stubs, they faxed a form to my HR office for employment verification, I had to show a utility bill to prove residency and provide two references.

I know what a few of you are going to say and remember I said I almost bought a Toyota. I was so disgusted that I thought about driving a Toyota with a stupid sign it it to let everyone know why I was driving it.

Then I realized that I loved the truck, I realized the real credit crises were in and they weren't just picking on me and if I was going to get zero percent than that was the deal closer.

In the end I'm happy and am waiting for my Sport which stickers over $49k but I think Chrysler is going to have a hard time pulling out of this tail spin being so hard on people.

I purchased and did not lease. I wanted to buy this time around anyway but if your thinking of leasing a truck, forget about it. The payments are the same as a purchase!

Last edited by drober30; 02-14-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It sucks that the banks got all of that money to put into the economy and the government let them just go out and buy up other banks and put no money back into the economy at all!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
juschuman

Just picked up a 09 3500 Megacab SLT/SRX with a cummins and added leather for around 36k.

Not bad for a 1 ton diesel! Ford couldn't come close. And who would want a chevy truck...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 AM
wastar

I went in yesturday and test drove three 09's. I made the deal trading in my 07 titan and now I'm waiting for a call back on the loan. I'm self employed and its really frustrating with all the hoop jumping just to buy a truck. This was the first time in about 8 years that I went back and looked at the ram and after driving a few, I was really impressed. Great power and ride quality.
I chose the '09 Crew Big Horn edition. Also has the storage boxes on the bed sides. Hopefully I hear back in the next hour or two to "come pick her up, its ready"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: They are tempting me, new discounts....