Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler's Threat to Start Shutting Down after March 17th Reality or Myth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nofrag
Yeah well, individual location service is a reflection of the people who work there, not necessarily the brand. You've met ******** at dodge dealers, I've met good helpful folks, I've met ******** at the GM dealer I worked at, you've met good helpful folks. I'm sure the GM dealer you go to also has some ********, just as I bet the dodge dealer I go to also has some hiding somewhere, the world is what it is. Also, don't discount the fact that the GM dealer is obligated to lick your *** because of the money you spend there, I'm sure it would be quite different if you had bought a cavalier and trailblazer as opposed to a corvette and a hummer. Just as I'm sure your dodge dealers would lick your *** if you bought a viper and an SRT Ram instead of trading a mid model truck for a mid model truck.

But back on topic, what does happen to warranties when the company dries up? What is in place(if anything), to assure buyers that they are going to continue to get service if the company folds? If there is something in place, why don't they publicize that to ease the minds of potential buyers?
1. Hummer is marketed as a luxury SUV, not just a SUV. The level of service you receive at the Hummer dealership is equal to that of a Cadillac dealership and it is far above and beyond that received at any Dodge/Jeep or Chevrolet dealership. My wife receives a loaner Hummer for every service and warranty item (there haven't been any warranty issues yet). It's not a PT Cruiser like others on this forum receive for their Dodge Rams. And she gets one even for an oil change so she can grab a bite to eat or run errands. If you have a warranty issue they'll even come pick the Hummer up from your house or place of business and bring it back. They wash the car every time it's in for service (that's not something extra you have to pay for). There's absolutely no comparison. And you know what, when I brought my Corvette in, I got treated the same as others with a Cobalt - a stupid shuttle to get to work or a crappy Impala loaner if the repair took more than 1 day. If there was a luxury truck option (a real truck, not the Escalade), then I probably would have bought that for the service alone, but since that doesn't exist, I bought the truck I like most, and that's my Dodge.

2. The problem is that there is nothing in place to GUARANTEE your warranty will still be in place. If they truly file Chapter 7, nobody has to guarantee anything. They don't have anything to advertise. They can't advertise "we promise to file Chapter 11 and not Chapter 7" b/c they're not sure of what's going to happen. It most likely won't happen, but there's no guarantee.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Nofrag
Champion

Well then that's exactly what I was talking about(both points infact). 1 being that you get that service because it's a luxury vehicle. 2nd being that it's the fact these companies keep telling everyone that they're on the verge of dying, that is scaring buyers away. People don't want to buy game consoles without a solid warranty, let alone a vehicle.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 AM
360dodgeram360
Professional

first off, capsfloyd, what do u mean by older dodges? styling is personal preference but i have always thought along with many others that dodges looked the best. i even like the pre 94 ones. as far as ride they are about the same. and i have looked at mpg and a 360 gets the same mpg as a 350 gm.
As far as the bailout money goes i think the gov should give them money. why not when 7 trillion dollars of bailout money went missing and ended up in bankers hands no doubt.
If chrysler does go under they better do it with some dignity. i dont ever wanna see a ram with a bowtie! or see any chryslers sold to other companies. from what i have seen, read, and experienced chrysler has always been leading the field in style, performance. they always seemed a step ahead of gm and ford. so even if they do go under their legacy will remain. and i will never have a new car. and remember "gm makes cars, Chrysler makes automobiles" thats just one of my favorite quotes and there is no need to come down too hard on me for my opinion. and i have and will continue to listen to yours

Quick Reply: Chrysler's Threat to Start Shutting Down after March 17th Reality or Myth?