Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Challenger vs Camaro vs Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Challenger vs Camaro vs Mustang!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._gt/index.html

So, they test the Challenger R/T and not the SRT-8...

Popular Mechanics like the Challenger better than the Mustang, but still puts the SS ahead. AGAIN, they test an R/T.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4309423.html

The Bottom Line
So was the Camaro worth the wait? Yes. The newest pony car delivers an undeniable mix of performance and value. It's the quickest and likely has the highest handling limits of the three coupes. The Mustang is the rough and tumble sports car. It's the most involving car to drive–it feels more organic than the other two. The Challenger R/T provides more comfort and practicality at the expense of all-out performance. Yet, to our eye, the Dodge just may be the best looking of the group. But these are musclecars. And the Camaro's mix of power, poise and refinement just edges out the others–this time.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 04-01-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 AM
emawk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had waited so long to watch this comparison. And as much as I enjoyed it, MotorTrend should have done more to spice it up (i.e. add a suspenseful soundtrack to the video).

Old 04-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnight
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._gt/index.html

So, they test the Challenger R/T and not the SRT-8...
It's the classic Consumer Reports testing method. "We want this one to win so we'll make sure to option out the others so it does."

Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Should have been SS vs SRT-8 vs GT500. Top of the line for all 3.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Abqhemi
Professional

Originally Posted by lxman1
Exactly!! They might as well compare a caliber and a focus to the camaro.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:50 AM
pebcak2000
Professional

What a bunch of cr*p!

I am so tired of people and articles saying that Chrysler / Dodge is pure garbage. All car companies have good and less than good aspects to their products.

I love my Dodges even with some of their flaws (bad tie rods in '07 Charger at less than 18000 miles). There are some Fords that I like and GM vehicles as well. I am just happen to like the MOPAR models better.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Another example of the anti-Chrysler propaganda from the auto-media. The sad thing is when you read the car magazine forums and even alot of so-called Dodge fans, they spew the same garbage and have no idea what their talking about. They whine about Chryslers supposed never-ending problems, but when you look at carfax and lemonfax reports on actual repairs, not surveys of what people think, you find most Chryslers in the top third of all car makers. One last thing, when Motor Trend compared the Viper to the ZR1 and Ferrari. The Viper was the fastest in the slalom and breaking and was only 1/10th of a second slower in the 0-100 mph. It was $100k less than the Ferrari and $30k less than the Vette. They chose the Vette as the winner and the Ferrari as second place. Typical. I still think the automtive media is trying to see if they can destroy Chrysler.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

pebcak, it is highly unusual for a tie rod to die that soon. It is more likely you hit a big pothole or glanced off a curb than a manufacturers defect. When I was a Ford/GM/Nissan/Toyota tech, I found indications of severe tire/frame impact on every premature tie rod replacement. I never would mark it on the warranty work order though. The car companies would reject the claim everytime, if I did. I tried to be on the customers side, because I know the service writers loved to mark "not covered due to external damage" and charge 4x what warranty paid.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
Exactly.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I was reading a Auto Week mag at work today and they praised the Challenger R/T. Said it was imperfect, but a great car, just the same. Main concern was visibility issues.

Quick Reply: Challenger vs Camaro vs Mustang!