Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Texas Rep. Accuses Dems of Closing GOP-Donating Chrysler Dealerships

Old 06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Rep. Accuses Dems of Closing GOP-Donating Chrysler Dealerships

By the way, had y'all heard the real metric they used to pick dealerships which were closed? Apparently, dealers who gave campaign funds to Obama stayed open and dealers who gave to the GOP were shut down: http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...osing-gop.html

Of course, it could just be that wealthy people prefer to give to the GOP, but I think the numbers are a little too one sided for that to be the case…the article says less than a 1% chance.

Highlights:
The ratio of donations for dealers that were shuttered was 42 to 1, GOP to Democrat.

Using the list of all 789 dealerships to be closed, WND found that owners contributed $450,000 to GOP presidential candidates; $7,970 to Sen. Hillary Clinton; $2,200 to John Edwards and $450 to Barack Obama.

Later it was discovered that a Big Dem Donor Group was allowed to keep all 6 Chrysler dealerships open.... And, their local competitors were eliminated.

The closings in several instances appear to benefit Dem donating dealers where local GOP-linked dealerships were closed.

One report claims the odds that these Chrysler closings occurred without partisan bias are less than 1%.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

This surprises who??
We have a crappy 0 STAR dealer here locally that got to stay open (African American owned) while high quality 5 STAR dealers were closed. One guy got a double hit because he was a CDJ/Chevy dealer and got booted by both GM and Chrysler.
Lukily, My dealer is staying open. They are a Dodge only dealer (for now) and are in the top 100 in sales nation wide.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Hdcowboy
Professional

Thats because all the dealerships in Republican areas were low sellers as a majority of the population in those areas drive foreign vehicles while in Democratic areas there are a lot of union supporters and blue collar workers who have a tendency to drive American made vehicles!!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

well the dealer that got shut down right here next to me deserved it, his numbers have always been low and therefore he got canned. In fact when I read the dealers that got shut down in the DFW area I wasnt really too shocked at any of them, they were all low performers when it came to new car numbers. I think its going to be pretty hard to prove that dealers got shut down because they donated money to the republicans and not to the democrats.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pisses me off. I have a dealership down the road from me that has **** service and probably has like 20 workers infested with the Swine Flue due to how unclean the place is, so I would drive 20 miles to the good dealership that is now being shut down. So now I have drive 30 miles to get to another good dealership that is a Chrysler dealership to service my Dodges.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:38 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

In states where party affiliation is public, Republican owned dealers were 80% of closures (Drudge Report). A dealer on Long Island who was #3 Chrysler dealer in sales was shut down. He had over 95% customer satisfaction, which is unheard of in the auto industry. He just happens to be the county Republican chairman. Hmmmm, I guess there were alot more import buyers. This is the nasty, natural result of bureaucrats making decisions for the free market. The crash in sales caused by this "dealermandering" (you read it here first) will be used as an excuse to further socialize the auto industry-mark my words.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Rep. Accuses Dems of Closing GOP-Donating Chrysler Dealerships