Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Hear me out...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:39 AM
BIGDPowerWagon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hear me out...

Does anybody remember "The A-Team"? In nearly every episode, Mr.T would tell George Peppard: "That's a crazy idea!" and Peppard would respond with "Yes...just crazy enough to work!"

I'm starting an online petition to try to convince an American company to buy the Dodge and Jeep brands from FIAT. My first choice is Navistar, but PACCAR and Oshkosh are also possible. If you're with me, check out my petition at:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SC0UTS

Thanks for letting me speak up!
BIGDPowerWagon

Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

PACCAR and Navistar are both struggling with a complete crash of large truck sales. Navistar, especially, will be lucky to make it to the end of summer without being bought out anyway. PACCAR has 2 premium (over) priced brands that are the first to take a crap in sales when the economy tanks. Neither are strong enough to keep themselves in business during this recession, much less take on a comany in Chrysler's shape, in a totally different industry that neither company has been in for decades. Not to mention that FIAT has all of Chrysler's assets and NONE of their debt without spending a dime. They have a "paid by US taxpayers" golden ticket into the largest car market in the world. Maybe you should say, "Maybe this is just crazy enough to get me commited". Cause there ain't no way this will ever happen. But if you're in AZ sometime, pass the bong my way, I'd love to see the world the way you do for a few minutes.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

BTW, I owned a small, family trucking company. Navistar=Internationl and PACCAR=Kenworthless and Peterbilt.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:55 PM
BIGDPowerWagon
Default One can dream...

No bong here, my mind-altering chemical of choice is obscure regional beers like Grain Belt, National Bohemian and Iron City.

My Dodge is a 2000 Neon from the Daimler years, and it's about to cross the 160K milestone. I took pretty good care of it because it was originally a lease vehicle, and I'm not kidding when I say that lease companies expect the car to be in BETTER condition at the end of the lease.

Maybe I'd have better luck with Autocar reviving the Diamond T marque...

Old 06-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Bionicrooster
Professional

Hey now, Natty Bo is NOT an obscure beer :-)

Old 06-30-2009, 07:24 AM
BIGDPowerWagon
Default Maybe not in Balmer, hon...

...but almost nobody has heard of it here in Kansas City. When I say "obscure regional beer", it's usually something I'll ask somebody to bring back if I find out they are travelling somewhere. In honor of your comment, I'll replace Mr. Boh with the largest American-owned brewery in Missouri, Boulevard. (Take that, treacherous Belgians!)

Other ORBs I've enjoyed over the years include: Dubuque Star, Rhinelander, Yuengling, Weidemann's, Hudepohl, Falstaff (RIP), Red White & Blue, Carling Black Label ("Bitten by a Black Lab"), Buckhorn, Stag, Rainier, Schmidt's (Minneapolis), and "Beer" in a plain black and white label from the generic section of the grocery store. I think A&P had a house brand called Pilsner Club.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Navistar builds PowerStroke diesels for Ford

Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM
neilgehrke

Originally Posted by BIGDPowerWagon
Does anybody remember "The A-Team"? In nearly every episode, Mr.T would tell George Peppard: "That's a crazy idea!" and Peppard would respond with "Yes...just crazy enough to work!"

I'm starting an online petition to try to convince an American company to buy the Dodge and Jeep brands from FIAT. My first choice is Navistar, but PACCAR and Oshkosh are also possible. If you're with me, check out my petition at:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SC0UTS

Thanks for letting me speak up!
BIGDPowerWagon
I'm pretty sure if any of those companies were interested, they would have shown interest?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 PM
KenZ
Veteran

Navistar just recently purchased Monoco Coach Corp. out or bankruptcy. So now they are in the motorhome/travel trailer business. So purchase of a auto manufacturer isn't totally that crazy of an idea!

http://ir.navistar.com/releasedetail...leaseID=388148

Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

http://www.constructionequipment.com...html?rssid=109

Yeah, it is crazy when they are barely keeping their heads above water. In April, the NYSE shut down trading of Navistar for a while because it's stock had fallen so fast in a single morning. A drowning person can't save another drowning person-neither can companies. When you buy a company out of bankruptcy there is little risk. You get all the assets without all the debt. FIAT already got that. There would be no upside to either Navistar or PACCAR buying Chryco from FIAT. FIAT would demand a premium, if they'd sell at all.

Quick Reply: Hear me out...