Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

presenting... the charger srt-8

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: presenting... the charger srt-8

I spoke with concept/vehicle rep from Dodge and he said the target audience for the Charger is 40-50 year old males with familys and that the Charger WILL be a coupe depending on sales. I had a report sent saying that many people are upset that there is no coupe.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
dakota2112
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I spoke with concept/vehicle rep from Dodge and he said the target audience for the Charger is 40-50 year old males with familys and that the Charger WILL be a coupe depending on sales. I had a report sent saying that many people are upset that there is no coupe.
Good, I'm glad to hear this. It reinforces what I've been hearing from various insiders regarding the potential for a charger coupe.

I just hope the coupe receives more retro styling... check out this photochop someone did over at Allpar: http://fmarsland.dyndns.org/charger/drift4.jpg ---> now THIS would qualify as a Charger!

(let me re-iterate, I don't have any problems with the 2006 model, I think it's a bad@ss car... I just wish a car named Charger looked more like a '68)

Old 03-31-2005, 05:40 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The current issue of mopar muscle magazine has a picture of a 71 Charger. the caption says "This is a Charger." Then a small piture of a new Charger with a caption that says, "This isn't."

That pretty much sums up my feeling on the matter and I commend Mopar Muscle for printing that cover.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:27 PM
Avenger39
Professional

This may seem a little off topic, but I have seen a lot of photoshops of charger coupes. What would a charger convertible look like? I know they will never be made, but it would be cool to see what it would look like.

Old 03-31-2005, 06:31 PM
dakota2112
Rookie

That is a bold move by mopar muscle. But since this topic is largely subjective to begin with, I have to disagree with the cover to an extent. If it showed a '68 Charger instead of a '71, then I might agree with it more.

In terms of comparing the styling and the design of the car's body, I believe the 2006 is roughly as good as the 1971... the key being that neither of those is half as beautiful as a properly equipped 1968 (or 69 or 70).

Old 03-31-2005, 10:22 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK. If they do come up with something that looks like what is in the link you provided, I would be happy. Someone should call the whoever photo chopped and give them a job at DC design.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 AM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

that photoshop is awesome, but i dont really like the grill

Old 04-01-2005, 05:23 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Todd I have seen the cover too. But I just wish every will wait until the coupe comes out. There will be one. People just need to have patience.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:28 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I don't know about coupe stuff. Unless its to be built at a different plant than the one all the other LX cars are built (brampton assy). I have a few friends there and they say no other LX platform vehicles are coming anytime soon. I hope one comes too, but I would not hold my breath for one.

Joe

Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
dakota2112
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jgralka
I don't know about coupe stuff. Unless its to be built at a different plant than the one all the other LX cars are built (brampton assy). I have a few friends there and they say no other LX platform vehicles are coming anytime soon. I hope one comes too, but I would not hold my breath for one.
Nothing's for certain, but there are some "interesting" things here (for starters, read the tidbit about Brampton) [sm=interesting.gif]

Quick Reply: presenting... the charger srt-8