Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

durango deletion

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:33 PM
durangobob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default durango deletion

As much as I like Dodge products, I don't think I would have bought my new Durango three weeks ago had I known Fiat was going to discontinue the model. I wish the dealer had been a little more up front with us. Now, we wonder about parts availability in the future since we don't buy vehicles often. Live and learn.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? They took the Durango off the line of models What the F*CK, WHY?????? Because it isnt as fuel afficiant as they want it to be and one of there weak *** 4 bangers wouldnt beable to get it going, what other Dodge SUV is there now, Besides possibly crossovers....whatever the hell they are, well it looks like Fiat is starting to **** me off with what there doing, Hell now they shouldnt have the right to market one of there cars there planning on in the Dodge name for doing this

Old 08-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Nofrag
Champion

Originally Posted by ZackN920
what other Dodge SUV is there now
You'd rather they make dealer lot decorations and go broke?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Personally, it's long overdue for this vehicle to be discontinued. The first generation model was a very good seller, and is well loved in its community. When they moved to the 2nd Gen, the looks alone made alot of people buy used or look elsewhere. Then with gas prices, it only made the situation far worse.

Let's face facts, this is a vehicle that like the Hummer, is going away for good. I'm just glad Chrysler/Fiat recognized the need for this and are doing something about it. Does Chrysler need a true SUV? Yes, they do.....but they don't need it right this minute.....

Old 08-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay... The Durango is NOT being discontinued. It's being completely redesigned and it will come back for the 2012 model year, which will be in 2011. Two years from now. You will not have a shortage of parts since the 2nd gen Durango has been out for a while and Dodge is still alive.

Allpar.com
The next-generation Dodge Durango is, according to company announcements, to be returned to life in model-year 2012, on the Jeep Grand Cherokee platform, and built in a renovated North Jefferson plant. The rendering on the right is based purely on speculation.

Reliable source oh20 described the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee as a “complete redesign, not a refresh.” Ryan, another established source wrote, “Both vehicles (Durango and Grand Cherokee) are already designed, and production starts in the spring (of 2009) I believe [this may indicate the Grand Cherokee will be a 2010 model]. Both vehicles will be quite different than what they are now. The Aspen will be kicked because for some reason, people still like Escalades better.”

2012 Dodge Durango

This image, produced in June 2009, was described as being “close” by one source.

Redriderbob wrote, “About a year and half ago, I broke the word to you guys and gals at Allpar.com that the next generation of the Grand Cherokee would grow in size to cover both the Commander and Grand Cherokee lineups. I also stated that the next Grand Cherokee, Aspen, and Durango would all share a common platform. That is still true. Dodge will replace the Durango in 2012, one model year after the introduction of the new Grand Cherokee. The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2012 Dodge Durango will share powertrains as well as chassis parts. The Chrysler Aspen's future is still undecided.”

Some more interesting features and options are slated to include:

* From minivans: Power liftgate, video, and ParkSense and ParkView™ rear assist and side blind spot detection
* Satellite radio/phone system
* Adaptive cruise control (which maintains a distance from the next car, as well as a speed)

The usual range of other options should be present (e.g. dual zone air conditioning, trailer towing, audio options).
Don't let anyone tell you that this is not happening, because numerous trusted sources have confirmed this.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Sounds even better, although I hope the redesign is better looking then the last one....even the Aspen looked better than the Durango..

Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Nofrag
Champion

It's gonna be a hemi caravan with LT tires lol.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 PM
ZackN920
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Nofrag
If thats true that will also **** me off because that would just be too close to the ground to be an SUV and mini vans look to airodynamic

Hopefully they do a good job of redesigning it and personaly i really like the first gens more so

Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nofrag
Whatever is it. It'll be better than the last one.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Nofrag
Champion

Wasn't the first one a crazy mix of caravan and dakota?

Quick Reply: durango deletion