Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

NEW AWD SPORT COMPACT AFTER SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:55 AM
whoosh
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW AWD SPORT COMPACT AFTER SRT4

ive heard rumors that after the srt4 goes out (05) dodge will make an awd sport compact t replace it, im not sure if its true but i sre as hell hope it is!

Old 03-28-2005, 03:30 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: NEW AWD SPORT COMPACT AFTER SRT4

Very true unfortunately The SRT-4 will end in 2005 and will be replaced possibly with the Dodge Caliber. I hope to god not though...

Link: https://dodgeforum.com/m_153160/tm.htm

-Matt-

Old 03-28-2005, 03:32 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

Very true unfortunately The SRT-4 will end in 2005 and will be replaced possibly with the Dodge Caliber. I hope to god not though...

-Matt-

THE CALIBER ISN'T THE REPLACEMENT!!!! stop thinking that. all of you. i can guarantee you that it is not the replacement. now stop whining and get really for w/e they show the real neon replacement.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
ChargerSRT8
Professional

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

-Matt-

THE CALIBER ISN'T THE REPLACEMENT!!!! stop thinking that. all of you. i can guarantee you that it is not the replacement. now stop whining and get really for w/e they show the real neon replacement.

I said the same thing about the Charger Concept Art yet, look at the new Charger we have now.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: ChargerSRT8
I said the same thing about the Charger Concept Art yet, look at the new Charger we have now.

are you referring to the popular hot rodding crap. we got a great car instead of that drawing. lucky us. now the caliber has been released, but i think it is a addition to the line up instead of the neon replacement. intrepid is replaced with the charger, plus a wagon(magnum). what makes you think they wont do a mini-version of that. the first thing we saw to replace the intrepid was the magnum(wagon). then later they throw a replacement sedan in. I'm thinking they are doing the same thing for the neon, by starting with the caliber.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

-Matt-

I never said it WAS the replacement, but POSSIBLY What car would take it then Nick? They wouldn't just poop out a new vehicle within the year. Surely something has been leaked and is on Df... the caliber? Or they may just end the SRT-4 and not replace it...

-Matt-

Old 03-28-2005, 04:06 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

I've heard in multiple places that the Caliber IS the replacement for the Neon, though I have not heard either way if it will be like you said with the Intrepid and wether there will be a second car to come along to replace the Neon. All I know is, I hope Dodge does come around with something MUCH better than the Caliber to be a Neon replacement.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:22 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

OK this is what i am basing it on. last year at the Pontiac silver dome, they showed employees the new cars to be showed/released in the next year. my dad attended that, being a supervisor. i guess they had the real neon replacement there, along with the stratus sebring replacements there. i have not seen or heard any more information other then that they were there. when i asked my dad whether the caliber was the neon replacement, he said no, there was another car there that was supposed to be the replacement. and as far as i am concerned, i think this is the neon replacement: http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/rebel.html

Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Three German publications have said that the Dodge Caliber (same car, different name) would be the small, Mitsubishi-platform four-door sedan that introduces Europe to the Dodge brand in March, 2005.

That car is the Caliber, just with a different name. The concepts the Bob posted don't look similair though...

-Matt-

Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 PM
casper
Legend

I guess we will all have to wait till the mini-viper comes out, or maybe it won't.

Quick Reply: NEW AWD SPORT COMPACT AFTER SRT4