Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

I'm sorry

-Matt-
I totally agree with Matt for once lol jk .

Old 07-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Davram Bashere

Heh, alot of you seem rather upset and worked up about this. I'll keep this fairly simple. Styling-wise, I like it. I like it alot. It's aggressive and modern, and nearly conceals the fact that it's a 4-door sedan. The price range is affordable. One of my close friends went and test drove one a few days after it came out, and (despite the fact that he is obsessed with Chevrolet) has been drooling over it ever since, and believe me he is not that easily impressed. When it comes right down to it the new Charger is not like the Chargers of old. But it is a car that could be driven by a parent of three or a single guy and still kick more than a little ***, and look and sound good doing it.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:35 AM
mikedeebo

this reply is to mopartodd one dodge put out the 4 door charger because they had big demand for a 4 door dodge car and the lx body was perfect to build this car on. so they did not have to re tool the robots or hire an new line.. just change the molds a bit and they had a new car.. Now their plan is on 2007 they are goin to make a 2 door charger. but they have to re tool and hire a new line and that takes time if they were to do that first and then release the car it would have took too long. and the hype would have die off for the 4 door but if they wait with the 2 door everone in 2007 will be all over it... they can't show all their cards at once... but 2008 all of the dodge and chrysler line will be changed and upgraded.. the mini van is next to change and then the neon.. new mid size suz coming out and the calaiber is replacing the neon.. as for jeep they are planing to bring out a truck again and the import is coming back to a dealership neer you. the spider and evo 7 might be bagded as a dodge car soon and as for people here putting down the srt-4. it was on of the fastest cars i have ever drove and best handling next to the viper. and anyone that puts it down has never drove it.. As in all i would have to say that DCX has made the right moves for the customer. the next ten year are going to be the best for dcx in sales, serivce and parts. they have steped up to the place and hit a home run with tech training and updating their system. dcx is the first company to bring the new tech to there cars.. by 2010 everyone else will have to by law computers and pcm's have to be faster and smarter to meet air bylaws and carb. and dcx will be there by 2007 or so. the new esp on the dcx cars is amazing with the car able to get you out of a jam before you get to far. is just one of the things that customers are going to love and think how did i ever drive with out this before.. just like a/c in cars today. and i think it makes their new 2006 lineup the safest car out today.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:19 AM
chud298
Record Breaker

O crap here we go again...I think we should ban Charger talk throughout this whole forum lol. Alright people here we go. Everyone disagrees with each other so the people that thinl one way, that's awesome and for the rest that's awesome too. We are never going to sway each other opinions so why can't we just put it to rest and stop posting the same thing over and over again

Old 07-16-2005, 04:31 PM
flstf93

Scary!! But everyone here is right!!! The new Charger isn't for everyone, wait, when the new Challenger is out you will be glad this Charger was built. As much as we would love to have our old 2 door hemi coupes made Chrysler has to start somewhere to fund all the cars of the future.... this is the point most people miss in getting upset with a 4 door Charger. The new car does tons more justice to the name than the old 2.2 charger based on the omni. I was as upset as everyone else of a 4 door car with the name, I wanted the 1999 Charger built..I still do! But to fund future cars and get the cars we want economics have to guide the company building the cars.
If the Charger is as successful as the 300 we will get the cars we want, Dodge will continue stealing market share. Look at where the new trucks have come from, before the new style rams were build, Dodge was selling roughly 80,000 trucks a year!!! They now sell over 300,000 just of the full sized trucks, this forced all other companies to redesign their trucks. The same success in the rear wheel drive cars will fund the replacement cars for the Stratus coupe and sedans!! I am looking forward to them. Imagine a 3500 lb 2 door coupe with options like the 4.7 HO with 260 HP then the 5.7 hemi and a killer car with the 6.1!!

Time my friends.....we all have to be patient for the cars coming! The Charger is only the beginning!!

Quick Reply: Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!