Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2006 1/2 Dodge Hemi Super Bee

Old 04-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Superbeefan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 1/2 Dodge Hemi Super Bee

Here's a little concept car I edited with photoshop from a graphic of the 2006 Charger design.

The body has been chopped with the 4 door replaced with new new doors and quater panels with a superbee front end.

This is more what I wish they would make for the charger as well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15272/061DA5950CD840B3B6BCC67DA3178C94.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15272/EE15DB48296244DE9DD219F2728CEDB1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2005, 09:58 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2006 1/2 Dodge Hemi Super Bee

wow..nice work superbee fan!

Old 04-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Superbeefan

I'm exactly the target audience Dodge is looking to hit with the Dodge Charger.

This is my feelings on the whole 4 door concept.

When I was in high school, I did a ground up restortation on a 1969 Superbee.
Replaced the transmission with a Fairbanks, Shortened the Dana 60 took out the 440 and put in a blue printed Purple Mopar 383 with the battery and fuel pump mounted in the back.

I have 18 year old and 10 year old sons and we've had a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan SE that we have been extremely happy with.

We were considering the 300c, but I'm at the point where I think I want something a little sportier for cruising in a 2 door. I hate to say it, being a diehard mopar fan, but I think I'm going to end up getting the new Mustang or wait a year for the Cobra and go into a little debt but I think it's worth it... I need a toy! Teh front end of the Charger looks too much like a truck in my opinon.

John

Old 04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no john...dont buy the Mustang!! for once you turn to the darkside, forever it shall rule your destiny!

if its that bad, buy a vette or GTO...anyways, the shelby cobra is going to be about twice as much as the charger...for that much, you can almost get a new Z06, and with that, at least youll have a little class...look at your typical mustang owner..do you want to be one of them?

Old 04-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

By FAR, the best photoshop design I have seen yet! Great work Superbeefan. Awesome. I mean, that's like PERFECT!

There are plently of cars worth it under $45,000. Don't get the Cobra GT500.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:08 PM
big asp
Veteran

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I can totally buy in to a car like that and call it a Superbee. Dodge, are you listening? I would be the first one in line to buy this car. But, with the Superbee name it needs the 6.1L Hemi right out of the box so that it has the dominating performance that Hemi Superbee owners have always enjoyed. Can you imagine, getting that good looking body down to the 3,500 lb. range with 425 hp? That's mid 12s, folks! What if? What if?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Superbeefan

I know I know, it's a ford, but the retro interior styling and exterior look just really blows me away. Never owned a ford, but it's VERY tempting.

Thanks for the compliments. How plausable is it to do a custom job like this in real life?

Another option would be to buy a stock charger and chop it up and redesign the interior and exterior the way I want with the 60's retro styling and put the big Hemi in it.

It's been awhile since I did any ground up restortion work so I was wondering if anyone had any good resources or experience with this to see if it is viable to actually pull something like this off.

I've been doing 3d modeling for about 10 years for TV commericals and Aerospace design but I wondered if anyone here would know about where to get my exported stl files sent out for rapid prototyping for body parts that big?
Anyone know of a good shop I can send Stereo Lithography files for rapid prototyping parts for that size?

I had to fabricate my 1969 Super bee's quarter panels before by hand when I was in high school because of the shortened axels on the Dana 60 rearend with the big N-50's tires. Back then I was making paper patterns and cutting and molding the metal by hand, but would love to see what I can do using 3D to make the parts for the chopped version. All the panels would have to be fabricated so it would be an expensive task. Would it be cheaper to buy the base model charger and do the work and still end up paying less than the Cobra?

cheers

John

Old 05-11-2005, 04:05 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I have to hand it to you, I really like what you have done. It looks sharp man. Would you mind if I sent it to a few friends, I would give you full credit of course... they would get a kick out of it!

redriderbob

Old 05-12-2005, 04:23 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Yes thats it thats what I wanted! Hey you clowns from "Dodge marketing" this is what we wanted. Those shots are great! The front looks even better! BUILD THIS! Not that pos at the dealers.[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Joe

Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker

that is a alsome design i wish the charger looked like that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 1/2 Dodge Hemi Super Bee