Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

The Moparized Dodge Ram Power Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:04 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Moparized Dodge Ram Power Wagon

I cannot wait to see one in person...its hot. Lookout Raptor?

http://www.examiner.com/x-8811-Detro...coming-to-Moab

Old 03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Jeep J7 Looks great! Could this be the Jeep that Marchionne said to get extra attention for production?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Dixie Mudslinger
Veteran

that power wagon looks to be a beast compared to the f-150 raptor i see good things to come for that if it actually makes it to assembly. first side step designed bed ive seen on a dodge in forever

Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont know...i love the ram, but i had a raptor test vehicle a couple weeks back and it was a pretty stout truck. very slow, but i thought that it was a pretty nice truck...once the 6.2L raptors get on the street, dodge might actually have some competition.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Dixie Mudslinger
Veteran

that will be quite a rivalry once that hits the market look forward to seeing where this will go

Old 03-13-2010, 01:17 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

I don't think the Raptor really needs to watch out for the Ram. It seems the Ram was built for the rocks, where the Raptor seems to be a desert truck. I'm sure the Ram could be setup to do well in the desert (I know it's been done with great success), but from the factory (assuming the Ram is sold), they seem like they are built for two completely different types of terrain.

BTW, they have some different shots of the Ram here: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/03...wer-wagon.html

Old 03-13-2010, 01:38 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

damn that looks wicked!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Chryco4Life
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrCrash
I don't think the Raptor really needs to watch out for the Ram. It seems the Ram was built for the rocks, where the Raptor seems to be a desert truck. I'm sure the Ram could be setup to do well in the desert (I know it's been done with great success), but from the factory (assuming the Ram is sold), they seem like they are built for two completely different types of terrain.

BTW, they have some different shots of the Ram here: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/03...wer-wagon.html

You nailed it!

Also, there is only one true desert here in Canada so the draw of driving fast on some sand is completely lost on me. I think the Raptor's a neat truck, but what would I do, take it to the coast and **** off surfers at the beach hahaha! Plus, it's a little expensive, no? But a single cab Power Wagon like the last generation, with some mountain conquering components like this concept, now that's a truck that speaks to the truck enthusiast and outdoorsman here in The Great White North. But I'd still sacrifice the capability for a full length bed, you know, for dirt bikes and what not, hence the "last generation" bit.

Quick Reply: The Moparized Dodge Ram Power Wagon