Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

I hate the 2006 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:45 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I hate the 2006 Ram

care to elaborate on that oh-so deep insult to the members of the board, or do you want to leave it as an insult to everyone who has commented on this thread? or at least revise it so it makes sense?

Old 05-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

WOW LMAO, this shows just has little the public knows, Its amazing how ignorant some are. Ram sales are the fastest growing vehicle in America, and in the top 5 is the LX Platform. Ford is down 3% and GM is down 12%. It helps to pay attention in life sometimes.
Thanks for the info there, MG... not all of us are ignorant, lol

Old 06-01-2005, 01:05 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep ram sales are so great thats why I've been laid off for two weeks for "inventory adjustments." This is the first time warren truck has been down for this reason in almost 15 years. But hey sales are going up right?

Joe

Old 06-01-2005, 01:39 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hoe does stating sales figures show that the ram and charger are doing well? are you implying that every person who contributed to the 3% drop by ford, and the 12% drop by GM has bought a ram or LX platform vehicle?

Old 06-01-2005, 05:24 AM
garciaraf

(Remember this is only a different point of view}

this is no to say anythig wrong about bc products (dodge) because I have one my self any differet point of this discussion is weell taken too, but my point is that there had been not too many changes to this truck but the changes they had mede are big in so little time, I know costumers espect better products each year but once the costumer gets what they like, they may change it the next and that is the problem, ussually when a very nice, good and strong product comes out to the market it stays there for a long time.

take the f150 it was in the market for 7 years with the same body and on the o4 they still made the (heritage) and thats because lots of people like it "but this is only en example, and when some of you guys say that dodge went up by % that is true but that is because dodge es a little more shipper than ford, and chevy went down the most because ford and dodge are shipper, and people like good looks and nice prices "that it is why you see a new dodge ram in every street.

also when they change the engine and desing is so little time that mekes me thing that we are been treated like guinnie pigs, they do the 5.9 magnum one year the next a 5.7 with greater performance but what about the ones thath bough a magnum 5.9l they paid the same as buying a hemi, but one year later is change they should have done hemi from the year 02, now they are changing the ram body and engine again, but that is just what I think and this is only for this part of the forum other than that sitill love my ram no matter the future changes.
thanks

02 dodge ram QC 5.9l.
01 ford f150 supercab.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

hmm....interesting way of looking at it, but what do you mean by 'the dodge is a little more shipper'?

Old 06-01-2005, 11:39 PM
garciaraf

when I say that ram is a little more shipper I m trying to say that in this generation of ram (2002 and on) we got more for our money for example ram have the Quad Cab desig and bigger look but with the same amout of money if you go to a ford or chevy dealer you get a super cab truck or extended cab with only 2 doors and the small ones in the back and with an smaller look, and that is good for dodge and I like it but I only say that because of the % notes I read before, and maybe that is why dodge went up the % on sales, people see a bigger and four door truck more appealing for the same cost to get a smaller one but this is an other theme thanks.

02 dodge ram QC 5.9l.
01 ford f150 supercab.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:07 AM
ptschett
Professional

The engine swap thing makes sense when you consider that the Hemi was first available in the 2500/3500 Rams, where the Cummins Turbo Diesel tends to have a very high take rate. I would suspect that it was kept out of the 1500 that first year to allow the factory and its suppliers (and their suppliers, on down the line) to get ramped-up to full production levels on Hemi components so that it could be put in the 1500 where it would see much more production volume. The 4.7 V8 got phased in much the same way -- started in the Grand Cherokee, appeared a little later in Dakotas and Durangos, then replaced the 5.2 in the Ram.

by the way: by "shipper" do you mean "cheaper"? (Of course that has bad connotations -- I'd prefer to say that the Ram is a good VALUE over its competitors, since value tends to take into effect both product cost and product features/capabilities...)

Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

There are reasons the rams are cheaper. Look at some of the materials that are used. Take an F150 for example the interior is just awesome. Ours well... its okay but its not great. Also dodge will nickle and dime you to death with options that should be standard. And why in the world can we not build a trans with a second gear start. For 2wd trucks in the snow that is a Godsend! GM and ford have both had that standard for years.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:42 PM
garciaraf

hey guys whats up (the sky) hey I want to thank (ptschett) for the correction on the word cheaper, in my last post I got it now.

no matter future changes still love my dodge.

02 dodge ram QC 5.9l.
01 ford f150 supercab.

Quick Reply: I hate the 2006 Ram