My contact at Dodge hit me up last night with the news that the 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 will be touring the country, starting this Sunday and finishing up in California on December 20th.
This is your chance to go check out the new models in person, well before they reach showrooms and for many people, well before these models will come to your local auto show. I will be going to the first night at the WPC Museum and thanks to the folks at Dodge, I will be at a pre-debut preview (and drive) of several 2011 models next week..along with bringing DF coverage of their grand debut at the LA Auto Show. Needless to say, these two new models are bad-***, and I strongly suggest that any DF'ers near these stops go check out the new Charger and Challenger!!!!
Here is the body of this morning's press release from Dodge regarding the new Hemi Highway tour, including the tour stop dates:
November 12, 2010 , Auburn Hills, Mich. -
The Dodge brand is bringing two of its most popular muscle cars to auto enthusiasts and Dodge fans across the country as the brand kicks off a multi-state tour with the new 2011 Dodge Charger R/T and the new 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8® 392. These two new Dodge vehicles will make stops at more than 25 enthusiast clubs, tuner shops, Dodge dealers and automotive events across the country.
“The Dodge Charger and the Dodge Challenger are true American icons that have earned their place in automotive history and their legacy continues with the introduction of the all-new models for 2011,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – Dodge Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “The Dodge Brand DNA is deeply rooted within automotive enthusiast clubs and local car shows where people gather to talk about cars, power and performance – and, nothing else. To bring the new 2011 Dodge Charger and Challenger 392 to these types of events is inherent to the brand’s history.”
Dodge brand representatives, Scott Vandekerckhove and Heather Heughens, will be behind the wheel of the HEMI®-powered vehicles. Dodge fans and automotive enthusiasts will be able to follow their adventures throughout the entire tour at the brand’s blog site, Red Letter Dodge (http://www.redletterdodge.com/hemihighway/
), as well as the Dodge Brand web site (http://www.dodge.com/en/
#) and the Dodge Challenger (http://www.facebook.com/DodgeChallenger
) Facebook page. The duo will tweet live from the event, which can be followed on the brand’s Twitter handle (http://twitter.com/dodge
) and post images to Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dodgeautos
) and video to the brand’s YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/dodge
Tour Dates Include:
- Nov. 14 – Walter P. Chrysler Museum, Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Nov.15 – New Wilmington Motors, New Wilmington, Pa.
- Nov.16 – Ray Barton Racing Engines, Robesonia, Pa.
- Nov.17 – Empire Mopars, New Windsor, N.Y.
- Nov.18 – Security Dodge, Amityville, N.Y.
- Nov.20 – National Speed High Performance Speed Shop, Wilmington, N.C.
- Nov.21 – Landmark Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, Morrow, Ga.
- Nov.22 – Wellborn Muscle Car Museum, Alexander City, Ala.
- Nov.24 – Jacksonville Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Nov.25-28 – Daytona Turkey Run, Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Nov.29 – Airport Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, Orlando, Fla.
- Nov.30 – Crystal Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, Inverness, Fla.
- Dec. 1 – Mr. Norm’s Garage, Hudson, Fla.
- Dec.2 – University Dodge, Davie, Fla.
- Dec.3 – Tower Shops Friday Night Cruise-In, Davie, Fla.
- Dec.4 – Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing, Ocala, Fla.
- Dec.6 – Bergeron Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Metairie, La.
- Dec.7 – Allen Samuels Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, Katy, Texas
- Dec.8 – Hennessey Performance, Sealy, Texas
- Dec.9 – Lincoln College of Technology, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Dec.11 – Texas Dodge, Amarillo, Texas
- Dec.12 – Sunset Grill and Bar, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Dec.14 – Tucson Dodge, Tucson, Ariz.
- Dec.15 – Bill Luke Dodge, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Dec.16 – Towbin Dodge, Henderson, Nev.
- Dec.17 – Bob’s Big Boy, Burbank, Calif.
- Dec.18 – Cars and Coffee, Irvine, Calif.
- Dec.20 – SMS Supercars, Corona, Calif.
For more information on the tour, visit Red Letter Dodge (http://www.redletterdodge.com/hemihighway/
All-new 2011 Dodge Charger – World-class Performance and Precision With an Iconic Soul
With its iconic character, contemporary fastback four-door coupe proportions, world-class performance, craftsmanship and refinement, and state-of-the-art connectivity features, the all-new 2011 Charger is the Dodge brand’s flagship that proudly delivers premium, world-class E-segment sedan precision at an incredible value.
About the new 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
The 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 receives a big boost in horsepower and torque with the introduction of the legendary 392-cubic inch HEMI® V-8 powertrain for the street. But, the product story goes beyond the power rumbling under the hood. Dodge performance loyalists asked for more power off the line, and the 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 answers the call with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque to go along with world-class ride and handling, high-performance braking and the latest technology that delivers improved fuel efficiency. To kick off 2011 model-year production, Dodge will build 1,492 Inaugural Edition models of the Challenger SRT8 392, all with exclusive content.
Dodge is a full line of cars, minivans and SUVs that are agile, daring, sensible and inventive. The brand is on a tear for the 2011 model year, redefining itself with six all-new or significantly redesigned new vehicles, introducing new lifestyle packages designed to better meet the needs of its customers, launching catchy new ads that have started conversations with owners and potential owners, actively participating in new events and sponsorships and developing relationships with its long-loyal enthusiast base, as well as reaching out to customers who want cars that leave them wanting more.
The Dodge product line includes the Dodge Caliber, Dodge Avenger, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Dodge Grand Caravan, Dodge Journey, Dodge Nitro and Dodge Viper SRT10®. Between the end of this year and early next, the brand will fill dealer showrooms with a vast array of new and updated products. The all-new Dodge Durango will lead the charge, followed by the all-new Dodge Charger and significantly revamped Grand Caravan, Journey, Avenger and Challenger.