Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Lee Iacocca to return as Chrysler Group Spokesman!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lee Iacocca to return as Chrysler Group Spokesman!

I was just browsing and was wondering if it would be okay if I joined the conversation…. In all honesty I stopped when I read chfjim comments regarding the Lee Iacocca/Jason Alexander “Employee Pricing” commercial. Just wondering if you’d be willing to expand on your thoughts… Do you think the commercials should feature Dodge, Jeep, or Chrysler Brand vehicles more prominently? I think the commercials are kinda funny and scream Chrysler. Who better than Lee Iacocca to represent DCX in an ad campaign right? Sort of like the Charger... "Everything old is new again.." What’s really cool is the fact that he’s waived his fee for doing the ads; and instead, DaimlerChrysler will be donating money to the Iacocca Foundation to fund diabetes research… Both nickoman01 and TeeWJay426 seem to have an appreciation for Mr. Iacocca, and I've come across a few other people who seem to feel the same way. Not criticizing just curious… How many of the “Employee Pricing” ads have you seen? Was it this one... http://www.dodge.com/sales ? I know there are a couple of them in rotation...

Thanks, I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow....

Old 07-13-2005, 11:07 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

thats the only commerical i have seen, btu i have seen ti many times. my dad was hired into chrysler in the iacocca era, and i was raised being told that if there wasnt lee iacocca, there wouldnt be a chrysler. i think teh commerical is fine. i dotn know what the otehr guy means, but i think they are talkign about chrysler cars with a pciture of a 300 on teh front of the news paper is good enough for me. dont jam your vehicles down our throats like those stupid muthaf*ckers in dearborn.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:15 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Iacocca is good. He better return.

How many of the “Employee Pricing” ads have you seen?
Several, not just from Chrysler. DC needs to cover this employee discount on every vehicle minus the viper and SRT models btw. That includes the Magnum and 300 models.

-Matt-

Old 07-14-2005, 10:51 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Viper-GTS and nickoman, thanks for the replies…
nickoman it’s really great to read that you and your family are Chrysler fans in long standing… I'm hoping you guys can help me out.... I’m trying to get a handle on what gets you excited about vehicles… Looks like Viper-GTS is really interested in incentives… Seriously, your point is well taken - but even thought the Employee Pricing Plus doesn’t cover the whole brand line-up, I think most would agree it’s pretty comprehensive, and no less reasonable or customary than the other stuff that’s out there.
Clearly this is a Dodge forum; the assumption is that you are all Dodge owners, enthusiasts or at least curious about the brand… There’s a lot of knowledge here, and I want to access it... I hope you don’t mind me picking your brains… Right now I'm looking for comments or opinions regarding the Charger and Magnum... I'll take all comers.... This is fair game for anyone who cares to respond… Constructive criticism is welcome

Very nice chatting.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:57 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I can give you an emps take on this ep price for everyone crap. A lot of us are a bit perturbed. Its a slap in the face to the thousands of hard working DC emps. So now everyone gets what I do, thanks a lot!

Joe

Old 07-15-2005, 04:00 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: jgralka

I can give you an emps take on this ep price for everyone crap. A lot of us are a bit perturbed. Its a slap in the face to the thousands of hard working DC emps. So now everyone gets what I do, thanks a lot!

Joe

yeah i can agree with that. if gm and those muthaf*ckers in Dearborn weren't desperate to save their dying company, we wouldn't need to compete like this. i see where the workers are coming from too.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:40 AM
BTurk
Professional

Yeah it does hurt the employees and I know that Ford and DC didn't want to do it, they had to do it to stay competitive with GM....stupid General Motors, I knew their whole 10 new brands in a year or whatever would give them a fit, gives no time for one model to get recognized by people who aren't automotive enthusiasts, before the next one comes out, and all of it (Vette excluded) is junk! I've driven a new H3, and a Colorado and they have nothing in that resembles power. They have trouble getting out of their own way!

OK, back on topic.....I will rarely say anything bad about DC, it's put food on my table for 35 years. But you will NEVER here me say anything bad about an LX car, I am too closely tied into them (My Dad has worked on it since the projects start and I am interning for the exhaust system supplier). I love the Magnum for it's utility and I think the new Charger looks awesome and those people who talk about it not having two doors need realize (as much as it pains them, and believe me I would have rather seen two but understand the decision entirely) that 2-doors just don't sell that well anymore so the company had to go with what would make them more money.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Wow, decisive, opinionated, informed…. GREAT!!!! So you know I work for a marketing firm that works in cooperation with DaimlerChrysler… I’m not an employee; however I can empathize with you… I guess this one really hinges on which employee you speak to… I’ve had similar conversations with other DCX staffers, from what I can see most (not all) are really pleased with the public response and see the Employee Pricing Plus incentive as another opportunity to benefit the public and sell more vehicles. To Tburks point, it is “about staying competitive”… The vehicles built by DaimlerChrysler are amazing. In a perfect world the rule would be “he who makes the best cars wins”, but alas, it just ain’t so… I really don’t think it was DCX’s intention to disenfranchise anyone, least of all its own employees… jgralka; I respect your opinion, and really appreciate the feedback…

BTurk; the info you supplied is much appreciated too… We started nosing around forums looking for feedback just like yours (likes/dislikes/suggestions)….

talk to me…

Old 07-15-2005, 02:01 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think having Lee back in the commercials is great for the brand. He is the savior of this company, like it or not, and is an icon of it's success.

As for the employee pricing I suppose you have to remain competitive in the market so..... If I was in the market for vehicle, it would have definitely got my attention. Actually it did. My wife and I were considering going and looking at the Crossfire again.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:50 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

why do that and **** off the employee. why not drop the prices, so you cars appear to be better values from the start. and still have the employees have their discount.

Quick Reply: Lee Iacocca to return as Chrysler Group Spokesman!