Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Lee Iacocca to return as Chrysler Group Spokesman!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:01 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lee Iacocca to return as Chrysler Group Spokesman!

They just had to make it sound as good, or the same, as gm and ford?

Old 07-15-2005, 05:18 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

better then gm i think. i don't think gm offers incentives on top of the deal

i went to a dealer yesterday to admire the charger, and i saw a 40 grand durango marked down to 31 with the employee pricing.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:25 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty good. Maybe I should go look at the Crossfire again.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:40 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

Vehicle Model Exp Date Base MSRP Employee Price Cash Back Your Price
Crossfire Coupe Limited 08-01-2005 $34,920 $31,426 $1000 $30,426
Crossfire Roadster Limited 08-01-2005 $39,220 $35,301 $1000 $34,301

the limited is 5 grand more then the base, so take 5 from the base and it is around 25 grand

Old 07-16-2005, 04:07 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I understand the whole "staying competitive" thing. But here is the problem, when ep pricing for everyone became available the incentives went down. Who does that hurt.... the emps! Now my new ram is more since the new incentives are lower due to the ep plus program. So now for an emp dc products are more expensive. At least GM has the brains to offer special emp rebates to still give an emp a better deal. The sierra is actually cheaper than the ram I looked at due to GM emp bonus cash, plus the discount. As much as I would hate to do it, (my wife works at a pontiac/gmc dealer) I'm actually thinking of buying a gmc just out of principal. And like I said its cheaper with more options!

Joe

Old 07-16-2005, 04:15 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: jgralka

I understand the whole "staying competitive" thing. But here is the problem, when ep pricing for everyone became available the incentives went down. Who does that hurt.... the emps! Now my new ram is more since the new incentives are lower due to the ep plus program. So now for an emp dc products are more expensive. At least GM has the brains to offer special emp rebates to still give an emp a better deal. The sierra is actually cheaper than the ram I looked at due to GM emp bonus cash, plus the discount. As much as I would hate to do it, (my wife works at a pontiac/gmc dealer) I'm actually thinking of buying a gmc just out of principal. And like I said its cheaper with more options!

Joe

as much as this may hurt to say, go for it Joe. gm makes good products, and it just makes sense to go for the better deal. and your still keeping it in the family.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:20 AM
t0973mf
Professional

I have to disagree. As long as Chrysler is putting food on your table and clothing for your family, you should buy what you make. Maybe you should try and find another job that pays non college skilled workers $25 an hour.

Old 07-16-2005, 05:34 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: t0973mf

I have to disagree. As long as Chrysler is putting food on your table and clothing for your family, you should buy what you make. Maybe you should try and find another job that pays non college skilled workers $25 an hour.

actually in a sense he still is because of his wifes connections to GM

Old 07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
t0973mf
Professional

All I'm saying is if he doesn't like it, quit and go sell car's with his wife if that's where his loyalties lie. Sorry, I just can't respect people I work with that drive their shiney new antiChrysler vehicles at the plant. These types are usually the ones with the bad attitudes who you wouldn't really want working for you anyway. I'm not saying jgralka is like that, just in general some of the people I've ran across.

Old 07-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Megashifter
Professional

OK... since you're lookin' for criticism: Magnum: Got a rental w.200 miles on it in Phoenix. Big mistake. The thing wandered all over the road. 'Had a gutless V6. Blind spots galore (I'm 5'11"). Much tendancy to wander enen more in any crosswind at all. I'd hate to drive one over a tall bridge. 'Required constant steering inputs to keep it straight. Everything under the car was still shiny new... no scuff marks. 'Had the windows open (not using AC 'cause the engine was gettin' way too hot for my liking)... 'n this thing starts makin' a sound like the right front was shredding. It was the wind buffet on the right side mirror. Aside from that it was a gas hog. Manually shifting was a waste of time. The cupholder is in the way of the stick anyway. We'd considered buying one... that's why we got it for a rental. NO Way Jose!

I'm gonna put my 2 cents in here on the '4 door' maxim. If DCX builds a performance car w/2 doors... you'll have NO trouble gettin' 'em off the lot. Note I said performance car... not some coupe with a gas saver under the hood. 4 doors are mommy mobiles 'n I could care less what the 'marketing' wonks come up with.

Dakota: Whutta pig! What is the design/engineering bunch smokin'? You had a great lookin' truck in the '98-04 model year... that could have been made even moreso by narrowing the nose profile... SRT type hood, Charger type (shape) lights 'n the inclusion of the 6.1 hemi or the Viper engine in an R/T option w/functional gated floorshift. Nooooooooo... it went chrome with an even bigger hog nose. No regular cab... butt fugly lookin' styling 'n gutless to boot. Good luck sellin' 'em to other than fleet truck users. 'End of the '05 model year DCX will have to give a pair of 'em away with the purchase of an '05 Ram. DCX ought'a reconsider the stying on that as well.

Quick Reply: Lee Iacocca to return as Chrysler Group Spokesman!