Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

What will the new CAFE numbers mean for Dodge/Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The only real dislike I have with the 300/Charger/Challenger is the Daimler chassis, and 800+lbs of fat. It doesn't allow for a real sized tire in the rear. The Mustang and Camaro can fit a pretty wide tire under the back where as the Mopars look like they have space savers on them from the rear. They should have at least a 295 width tire under the back.
Just sayin.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
hemidart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Mantisman--at the time I thot we Chrysler guys want to be #1 in handling & performance--that's all--it's nothing to do with being a baby. Another thing that bothers me is people who should be loyal to North American cars--buy overseas junk --sending our money over there--much of it to countries who'd blow us off the map if the right opportunity presented itself. Also, many of these countries won't even sell our cars in their country or else put a big levy on them--like we should be doing.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hemidart
Sorry Mantisman--at the time I thot we Chrysler guys want to be #1 in handling & performance--that's all--it's nothing to do with being a baby. Another thing that bothers me is people who should be loyal to North American cars--buy overseas junk --sending our money over there--much of it to countries who'd blow us off the map if the right opportunity presented itself. Also, many of these countries won't even sell our cars in their country or else put a big levy on them--like we should be doing.
Dude it's a sig. It is not meant to be about anyone personally. I have had it since someone complained about a sig I had that showed other people their IP and stuff-so probably 2+ years. Relax, I understand where you're coming from. I was only trying to add context to the notion of previous cars being legitimate contenders in the modern world.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does it always seem that people join just to make hateful posts on particular threads? I've seen this way too much lately. HemiDart only has 3 posts, and every single one of them have been in this thread? Odd.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hemidart
Cool, I'll be loyal to the Honda Civic, Subaru Legacy, and Toyota Camry.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I think that chrysler will deal fine with the new cafe requirements, they are already ahead of schedule.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

CAFE is nothing more that fascism. A bunch of fatass know-nothings who havent designed, engineered, or marketed ANYTHING get to tell auto manufacturers what to build and how it should be done, and that the consumer can buy anything they want as long as its politician approved. Horse ****. The wants/needs of the market and the limits of technology should be the ONLY determining factors for what kind of mpgs a vehicle gets.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Cool, I'll be loyal to the Honda Civic, Subaru Legacy, and Toyota Camry.
Tongue-in-cheek sarcasm? Look, if someone has skin-deep loyalty to Chrysler, that's their business, but japanese cars aren't better than any American car. I'm not going to rehash the massive engineering issues that the japanese(especially Toyota) have had throughout the years. They are great at marketing and NOTHING else. But anyway, Chrysler is putting out some great cars-the previous ones were good but people seem to hate hard plastic-and what's sad is these are ALL Chrysler engineered and FIAT is already starting to get the credit when nothing that's rolled out this last year was touched in any way by FIAT. However, when the FIAT/Chrysler small cars start rolling out, I will bet anyone they are better in fuel economy than 90% of the cars on the road in their class. FIAT at least has some world-class drivetrains that get phenomenal fuel economy. And they are tinny little boxes(not tiny-cheap @$$ tin like the fanboys love) like the japanese, so all the japanese fans will have something to like also.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Tongue-in-cheek sarcasm? Look, if someone has skin-deep loyalty to Chrysler, that's their business, but japanese cars aren't better than any American car. I'm not going to rehash the massive engineering issues that the japanese(especially Toyota) have had throughout the years. They are great at marketing and NOTHING else. But anyway, Chrysler is putting out some great cars-the previous ones were good but people seem to hate hard plastic-and what's sad is these are ALL Chrysler engineered and FIAT is already starting to get the credit when nothing that's rolled out this last year was touched in any way by FIAT. However, when the FIAT/Chrysler small cars start rolling out, I will bet anyone they are better in fuel economy than 90% of the cars on the road in their class. FIAT at least has some world-class drivetrains that get phenomenal fuel economy. And they are tinny little boxes(not tiny-cheap @$$ tin like the fanboys love) like the japanese, so all the japanese fans will have something to like also.
Theres nothing sarcastic about 3 good cars made in North America. Who said those were Japanese cars anyway? The three I listed are built in Greensburg Indiana, Lafayette Indiana, and Georgetown Kentucky. I'm Not a fanboy of American Cars. I'm not a fanboy of the Germans, Switz, or the Koreans cars. But I am a fanboy of good cars. If the Americans would build a better car (Which they are doing now, finnaly) than the people would buy it. Its not the brand of where its from, its the end product and how good it is.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUT. . . Any Import made in the US still has a good chunk taken out that goes back to China, Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Korea, Scandinavia, etc. to support their country. At least buying American helps our economy out more than someone elses. . . .

Quick Reply: What will the new CAFE numbers mean for Dodge/Ram?