Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Schrempp stepping down

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 01:50 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schrempp stepping down

Just announced:

"Stuttgart, 28/07/2005

Dear employees,

I am writing to you personally because I believe it is important that you hear directly from me at the earliest possible opportunity the news that I will be leaving our company on December 31, 2005.

That date will mark the end of a career spanning more than 44 precious years of service to our company. The past 17 of these were spent as chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler-Benz, now DaimlerChrysler (since 1995), and Daimler-Benz aerospace (from 1988 to 1995). Prior to taking on these challenging responsibilities I had the privilege of leading group companies in both South Africa and the USA.

In recent times, we have settled into a performance pattern that gives me great confidence in the future of DaimlerChrysler. We have shown that we are able to meet the challenges that face us with a determination and professionalism that is unique in our great industry. Our tight focus on our global automotive business is now clearly defined. Our brand and product range, combined with our corporate presence in more than 200 countries, makes us very special indeed. Our results show steady improvement, and we are well on the track towards the achievement of targets set during my chairmanship.

With these accomplishments in mind, the Supervisory Board and I are in full agreement that the end of this year is the optimal time for a change of leadership at DaimlerChrysler. I also have complete confidence that my successor, Dr. Dieter Zetsche, together with the excellent team on our Board of Management will continue to build on these solid foundations.

There is a while to go before my departure, at which time I will tender my thanks to you in a more appropriate manner. Meanwhile you have my warmest best wishes as well as my sincere gratitude for helping to create the circumstances in which I will be able to leave in a good heart, and with great faith in the future of this magnificent, historic company.

Yours,
Jürgen E. Schrempp"

Old 07-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Megashifter
Professional
Default RE: Schrempp stepping down

Thank GOD! I heard this on the news this morning. Schrempp is a moron. This is the guy who announced Chrysler would maje no more 2 door cars... he's also the clown responsible for the '05 Dak abortion and the 4 door Charger. He must like chrome. Lets hope he goes to work for GM... lol!

Old 07-28-2005, 03:19 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

No love lost here. Most of the employees can't stand his guts. I'm glad deiter is taking his spot, but the thought of tom lasorda taking deiter's old job is just plain scary! This guy is a complete moron!

Joe

Old 07-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Megashifter
Professional

Tommy Lasorda? You gotta be kiddin'? That won't last long. [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 07-28-2005, 04:31 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Schrempp leaving is a good thing, especially for the Chrysler arm of DCX.... such as it is anymore. He's the one largely responsible for it becoming a takeover, rather than the 'merger of equals' they tried to convince us it was initially, and ran the old Chrysler management out of town and replaced them with his own yes-men.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Megashifter
Professional

D-C stock went up about 10% 'soon as the announcement hit the wires. I think he was despised more than Edsel Ford.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Got that right.... even the Mercedes guys are glad to be rid of him!

Old 07-28-2005, 06:44 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426
I also have complete confidence that my successor, Dr. Dieter Zetsche, together with the excellent team on our Board of Management will continue to build on these solid foundations.

good now we have even better leadership. it is for the best of the company.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:53 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Yes better at the top, but lasorda is a complete and utter jackass. He has unrealistic goals, and one of his favs is outsourcing engineering and manufacturing.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Megashifter

Tommy Lasorda? You gotta be kiddin'? That won't last long. [sm=badidea.gif]
It's not THAT Tom LaSorda!!!

About Thomas LaSorda

Birthplace: Windsor, Ontario.
Education: Bachelor of arts and bachelor of commerce, University of Windsor, Ontario, 1977; MBA, University of Windsor, 1980.
Career highlights: Joined General Motors of Canada in manufacturing and labor relations, 1977; manager of quality assurance, GM Canada, 1985; director of service engineering, GM Buick division, 1987; president GM's Opel division in Germany, 1991; manufacturing manager of GM's Cadillac division, 1993; GM vice president of quality, reliability and competitive operations implementation, 1998; GM senior vice president of powertrain manufacturing, 2000; Chrysler Group executive vice president of manufacturing, 2002; Chrysler Group chief operating officer, 2004.
Family: Married, two children.

Source: DaimlerChrysler

Quick Reply: Schrempp stepping down