Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge is Dying!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 AM
89newbie
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseSeeker
Here in Austria, and in Germany, fuel and diesel costs about 1.85$/L (1.40€/L). My Nitro 2.8 CRD consumes about 11L/100km. KIA is no bad company since the build the Kia Venga, Kia ceeŽd, ceeŽd SportyWagon, pro_ceeŽd and the SUV Kia Sportage here in Europe, but I really prefer american cars like my Jeep CJ7 and my Dodge Nitro.
Nice to hear from a Dodge owner on the other side of the pond! What is the the opinion of Fiat in your country or among friends? I thought Fiat was Govt. owned. Discontinue Dakota makes sense because its on the Ram frame and they say they are bringing out a smaller truck. Eliminating the Nitro and keeping the Liberty makes no sense to me, other than Fiat must think the Jeep name is stronger than Dodge.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
ParadiseSeeker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fiat changed everything. They completely killed the Dodge and Chrysler brand in all european countries. Only Jeep survived but the lineup only includes the Wrangler, the Grand Cherokee and the new Compass. Official dealers now sell Fiat and Lancia and Guarantee claims, services and getting official Mopar spare parts or accessories are difficult to get.

Fiat is an italian company and I never liked their cars and styles. They only bought Chrysler because of the Jeep brand. They didn't care about Dodge and Chrysler at all. And now the only Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge cars in Europe are the 3 Jeep models, the Chrysler Town & Country (now Lancia Voyager), the Chrysler 300 (now Lancia Thema) and the Dodge Journey (now Fiat Freemont).

It's stupid, cause Chrysler just introduced Dodge to the european market in 2006. And now it's all over. The Fiat Freemont has the Fiat emblem, but it looks so very much different to all other Fiat cars. It's a shame, what Fiat does to Dodge and proud Dodge owners all over the world.

I'm very pleased with my Dodge Nitro. I can't believe the killed it. After the Nitro is no longer in production I considered to buy a Dodge Durango in a few years. Guess I can dream of that. An italian company like Fiat will never know how to handle the potential, cult status and tradition of Dodge and Jeep. How could they? What happened to the former CEO of Dodge and Jeep? What do they think of the direction, Fiat is heading with their strange strategy?

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 01-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 PM
TurboStixx
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fiat's are already here in america, went and got a rental car the other day for work and they gave me a little 2012 2 door fiat, actually was a pretty sweet ride, but tiny, and I would still rather drive my durango!

DODGE POWER you fiat f*****s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge is Dying!