Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Is Sergio Secretly Trying to Kill Dodge??

Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 AM
Deputy Dog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is Sergio Secretly Trying to Kill Dodge??

Did anyone notice that Dodge trucks are no longer Dodges??? Dodge trucks have been around forever, the Dodge Powerwagon truck was a mainstay truck during ww2 and helped win the war. Now sergio is killing the name and renaming to something stupid like Ram.
I drive a new Chevy Camaro but have owned Chrysler products and thought one day of getting a Dodge Pickup with a 6 foot bed. I said Dodge not Ram. If someone asked me what truck I have I want to say Dodge and the hell if I am getting something called a Ram. Hey and Sergio also wants to get rid of the Challenger and replace it with a Plymouth Barracuda. Yeh...Plymouth is dead and so should be the barracuda. Whats with all this stupid name flip flopping?? Why not just bring the DeSoto name back too? Does nothing but show instability . Just let the Barracuda rest in peace, and whats wrong with just keeping the Challenger name plate? Sure sales are not on par with the Camaro and Mustang but its definatly a sweet looking ride. There problem as when the Challenger came out again it was over priced and came with no manual trans. Dodge has also pulled out of NASCAR one of the best Dodge promotions out there but they let it slip through there fingers because they didnt want to put the funds in and cut the right deals. Well this is what you get when you allow foreigners to take over historic institutions they just don't give f***. See I think Sergio really wants Dodge dead and wants to really focus on the Fiat platform cars. The stupidest thing is killing the Dodge Pickup name. What do you all think?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 PM
jim1999
Professional

I feel ya on that one!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the Chrysler group is stronger than it has been in a long time. They would have to change the front and rear of the Challenger to truly make it a 'CUDA. Just like they did when they were built under the Plymouth name.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude.. this happened in 2010 IIRC... a little late to complain about it now...

Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
Dude.. this happened in 2010 IIRC... a little late to complain about it now...
Yeah...I also found the timing comical. Fiat is the best thing that has happened to Chrysler in ages.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

What you fail to realize is that this is primarily due to the upcoming EPA rules.

They say you got to have a certain fleet wide MPG (i forget what it is).... by taking the rams out "Dodge" they raise the fleet wide MPG for dodge... and since Ram will sell a certain amount, it wont need to comply with certain standards.

So dodge raises their fleet MPG by kicking out the big heavy trucks (avoiding fines), upcoming vans and whatever else gets low MGP ratings.

the f150 and silverados sell much more so there is less incentive for gm and ford to do the same.

here is some more on it.

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...3BGM&ticker=GM

Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive done quite a few articles for different sources about CAFE and it really has no impact on Chrysler or any of the American automakers. Since the CAFE laws were introduced in the 1970s, an American automaker has never once paid a cent in fines...not once. CAFE is weighted based on the number of vehicles sold so if a company sells 100,000 cars that get 30mpg, selling 100 cars that get 8mpg has no real impact on the total number. This is how models like the Viper get by with such poor fuel economy...they only sell a handful and it has no mathematical impact on the CAFE figures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is Sergio Secretly Trying to Kill Dodge??