Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Caliber now on dodge.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:54 PM
chrysler/dodge dude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber now on dodge.com

Pretty cool...eh? It's a comin'...very soon!

http://www.dodge.com/caliber/index.html

Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Default RE: Caliber now on dodge.com

its not bad

Old 09-14-2005, 11:33 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Doesn't float with me, but if sales are good...that's all that matters pretty much!

-Matt-

Old 09-15-2005, 12:28 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

looks like a Durango and a PT Cruiser cross-bred together... its pretty ugly IMO.

I hope that the CVT in it doesnt have as many problems as the original CVT in the Saturds had. They had to recall most of them due to belt failures and such. You know how people love to beat up on Chrysler and having a problem with the initial offering of the caliber will not be good, especially considering that the model its replacing, the neon, was not only a style setting one but had little problems through its entire run. And as far as Chrysler saying that it is more fuel efficient, they only base that off of the engine-alone tested they run in the development center. Once you stick it in that boxy shape, there is no way it will get better milage than the slick shape of the neon, of which is lighter, smaller and far more aerodynamic. What ever happened to the old saying "if it isnt broke, dont fix it". I guess Germans dont have that one, thiers must be more like "if its broke dont fix it and if it works, lets frichen it up!"

Old 09-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they got rid of the Neon, because of the bad rap it had.

But your right, the Neon and Neon SRT-4 should have never been thrown away. Maybe a name change and a few minor changes......

Old 09-15-2005, 01:24 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

it needed to be redesigned. it fails in comparison to teh focus and cobalt. it is a great car don't get me wrong, but it is cheap interior and lack of options. i think a redesign would of been better then killing it, or keeping ti as is.

Old 09-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Chryco4Life
Rookie

I like the Caliber more and more each time I see it. I tried not to dismiss it at the debut, and since then I keep finding more and more intersting and attractive characteristics about it's design! A shame to kill the Neon outright, though. They could have redesigned and added new variations, like this GLH drawing I made a while back...

[IMG]local://upfiles/14999/6C8F13E482AC46A9B687B255E2D2322C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2005, 08:02 PM
jasonwyo
Veteran

I personally like the caliber quite a bit more than the neon. I never been a neon fan since my older sister was involved in a very serious accident in one. My only hope it the caliber is a much more structurally safe vehicle. I hope the CVT works out really well. That transmission would be great to have in other vehicles, especially pickups.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
dodgeboy88

hmmm i think the caliber is pretty cool. plus awd is always welcome lol. i heard they were going to make a sedan version of the caliber soon, and theres going to be SRT4 versions soon also.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:11 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

to make a sedan version of the caliber soon
They were probably reffering to the Dodge Rebel.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/rebel.html

Allpar.com:
The Dodge Rebel's (we're going to use the name until Chrysler announces something) engines will run from the 1.8 (probably only used outside North America) to a 235 horsepower turbo-2.4 in the SRT-4 version. The 2.4 liter naturally aspirated version will be quite potent with 170 horsepower - that's an estimate from Chrysler. All four cylinder engines will be the new world engine jointly designed by Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Hyundai, and built in Michigan (and Korea and Japan). There may be a hot optional engine, designed and built by Chrysler, not needing a turbocharger. A diesel will be available in Europe and, quite probably, in the US as well.

-Matt-

Quick Reply: Caliber now on dodge.com