Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

GTX Package now on Quad Cab!

Old 04-04-2004, 03:18 AM
TheWickerman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GTX Package now on Quad Cab!

my dad was a proud owner of a GTX and this sir is no GTX.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:20 PM
redriderbob
Banned

Well yeah... it was just a name used for the package... just like they used BOSS for the sister of this truck, which was a Ford F-150!

redriderbob

Old 05-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Papa

Hi, I just join

The package looks interesting, are these trucks on dealers lots, if so where?
Or do you have to order a Quad cab and have it sent out, anyone know the going rate for these.

Old 05-22-2004, 09:55 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional

Yeah this is getting retarded... dodge has a tonne of different pretty packages, but no real performance options. I mean, I am an old muscle car guy two... ( Am a fan of 455 hos. MOPARS pretty rare round these parts) and this is stupid, nothing but cosmetic differences... and then they are being *** clowns to the aftermarket, and cheaping out on warranties because of CAIS and headers?!!?!? I mean, they want to promote a muscle truck high performance machine, but then they wont kinda look the other way when their customers go looking elsewhere for some performance. I mean, really, Chevy and Ford, they must have more confidence in their engines because they DO look the other way when people have a few performance mods on their vehicles. Are the chevy and ford engines more capable than the hemi?

Hemis are starting to get a reputation that all the power that CAN be gotten out of them, has been, and thats why DC is holding back the aftermarket, because the moment someone puts a nos kit, super charger, or anything like that on their hemi, its gonna blow sky high, and they are just waiting to get the 6.1 out there. Which is total crap as far as I am concerned.

-adam

Old 05-22-2004, 10:33 AM
georgejetson
Rookie

;
ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

Conversion or not, if DC is offering it as an option then it is an abomination of the name.
OK, to be real clear: DCX is NOT offering it as an option. Rumble Bee, "Hemi Sport", and SRT-10 are the official DCX muscle truck packages for Ram. This GTX thing is somebody else's idea, and a few dealers (note: a few) have apparently agreed to distribute them.

I don't like it either, but this particular abomination isn't Chrysler's fault.

Old 05-31-2004, 03:14 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 05-31-2004, 03:20 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 05-31-2004, 05:05 AM
Hemipower04
Professional

i agree with 71roadrunner about the gtx. i like the paint and graphics but why name it gtx. why not painting some hemi decals and leave it at. who in thier right mind will pay and extra 10k or so for a paint job and some decals. lol its just stupid. but scg you really think the rumblebees are stupid. i think its creativity. they didnt use the superbee name but they changed it and the bee logo as well. p.s. bring it with that dekota i got a stuck 04 hemi.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4098/Jh151022321.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4098/Av677858436.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4098/Qv545487612.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-31-2004, 08:47 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RumbleBeeRam

Yeah this is getting retarded... dodge has a tonne of different pretty packages, but no real performance options. I mean, I am an old muscle car guy two... ( Am a fan of 455 hos. MOPARS pretty rare round these parts) and this is stupid, nothing but cosmetic differences... and then they are being *** clowns to the aftermarket, and cheaping out on warranties because of CAIS and headers?!!?!? I mean, they want to promote a muscle truck high performance machine, but then they wont kinda look the other way when their customers go looking elsewhere for some performance. I mean, really, Chevy and Ford, they must have more confidence in their engines because they DO look the other way when people have a few performance mods on their vehicles. Are the chevy and ford engines more capable than the hemi?

Hemis are starting to get a reputation that all the power that CAN be gotten out of them, has been, and thats why DC is holding back the aftermarket, because the moment someone puts a nos kit, super charger, or anything like that on their hemi, its gonna blow sky high, and they are just waiting to get the 6.1 out there. Which is total crap as far as I am concerned.

-adam
There has been alot of confusion as to what will and what won't void the factory warranty. They cannot void your warranty for having a CAI or headers. In fact, they cannot void your warranty for any aftermarket bolt-ons unless they can prove that it caused the failure/malfunction. Here is a link to the warranty topic including Chryslers exact words on this subject and a link to their catalog proving it: https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=39294

Old 05-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTX Package now on Quad Cab!