Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

GTX Package now on Quad Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTX Package now on Quad Cab!

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x2 with the "Hemi GTX" package. Basic truck comes with 5.7L HEMI V-8 w/automatic transmission, 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes, soft tonneau cover, sliding rear window, trailer tow, light group, fog lights. The GTX packages adds the following: exclusive exterior paint, custom stamped steel cowl hood, unique "Hemi GTX" hood paint design, grill surround painted body color, front fascia/air dam with driving lights, custom chrome 20" GTX wheels, Goodyear Eagle GTII tires, cat-back dual exhaust system with bright stainless steel chrome tips, unique "Hemi GTX" graphics design, "Hemi GTX" badging, painted tail light covers, "Hemi GTX" custom leather steering wheel, two-tone leather seats with "Hemi GTX" logo embroidery, window tint. These are limited production trucks, only 750 will be made this year,

Looks like LA WEST finally decided to make a Quad Cab model.

redriderbob

Old 03-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran
Default RE: GTX Package now on Quad Cab!

OK..this is the first one that I liked of the new model....i LOVE the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 12:25 AM
I-R-BABOON
Professional

that is badass i need it

Old 03-31-2004, 01:16 AM
Vader
Champion

It's unique, I'll say that. Green is not my color though.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:12 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, now DC is starting to really **** me off.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif]How dare they take a great muscle cars name and slap it on a frickin' truck.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif]I think the truck looks great, but it's just a matter of respect. Lemme guess........the new Charger is really gonna be a Ram package.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif]At least when the got the idea to use the Super Bee name, they at least had the decency to change it a little by calling it the Rumble Bee and slightly tweaking the decal.[sm=smiley20.gif]With the GTX rip-off they didn't change one damn thing, the name is the same and so is the decal/emblem.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif] Thats the last straw, I see one of those ****'s that are runnin' the company and his a** is mine.[sm=smiley15.gif]

Old 03-31-2004, 03:31 PM
chfjim
Veteran

Thats the last straw, I see one of those ****'s that are runnin' the company and his a** is mine.
Now thats what I'm Talkin about the orginal GTX's were mean muscle machines, 426 HEMI's H.O. 6bbl 440's ext.... These New packages are nuttin but cosmetic Sh*t![sm=smiley35.gif] No real performance upgrades and Nothing that even resembles a MUSCLE CAR! Looks Great but isn't right! Nope not right at all![sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 03-31-2004, 03:34 PM
chfjim
Veteran

I think we need to take are MOPAR MUSCLE up to DC HQ and show'em what American Muscle really is![sm=smiley15.gif] Shove our 500+ HP Machines right up their [sm=smiley35.gif] shnitzles!

Old 03-31-2004, 06:12 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

It looks excellent, but im not digging the green. perhaps red w/ racing stripes

-Matt-

Old 03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
redriderbob
Banned

RoadRunner, it wasn't Chrysler Group who named these pickups HEMI GTX... it was all LA WEST's idea... they are a conversion company and can do whatever they want... remember such vehicles as the LA WEST BOSS F-150 (sister to the HEMI GTX), and the Choo Choo Customs SS-10? Its all marketing! As for the Rumble Bee... it has really nothing to do w/ the Super Bee besides the stripe on the bed, so I really wouldn't worry about it!

redriderbob

Old 04-01-2004, 04:56 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Conversion or not, if DC is offering it as an option then it is an abomination of the name.[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif] The Rumble Bee is OK in my book, because of the differences.[sm=smiley20.gif] It is obviously tied to the late great Super Bee, just look at the decals, not just the stripe but the slightly different bee in the stripe.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: GTX Package now on Quad Cab!