Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Nearly everyone's buckling up

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:18 PM
LAKOTA169
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nearly everyone's buckling up

BTW, I was driving good. There is nothing you can do when didn't have monry for tires and they were bald. Switched lanes in hard rain, and hydroplained.
Then you weren't driving good. Besides yourself, you put everyone around you on the road in danger by driving on bald tires. If you have the money for expensive audio equipment, then you have the money to keep your car safe for the road.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Germany and many other European countries, you have to wait until you are 18 to get a driver's license....and then you must also complete a 1 year driving course. I personally think that is a bit too long, but I would like to see a more intense driver's ED....and I also would like to see all driver's license's be made to a 1 year permit for anyone under the age of 18, regardless of situation. I would also like to see more penalties enforced for infractions on minors...i think a slap on the wrist isnt enough considering that DUI/DWI is the #1 cause of death amongst teens...

for example.....17 yr old kid driving along with no seat belt and speeding. I would like to see everytime they got a ticket and for EVERY ticket they get....that they have to endure an 8 hour safe driving course on top of paying the fine......so if you recieved two tickets...you have to endure two 8 hour classes on driving safety AND pay $25 a class........I also think that if you acrue more then 12pts on your license you should AUTOMATICALLY have to take a road driving course before your license is re-instated....... I think that would really help enforce good driving.....

and you really wouldnt even have to stop with the minors....you could apply that to all people....

Old 10-04-2005, 01:44 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

drivers ed does have alot to it. 50 hours in car driving with parents, 2 different classes, the first before you drive anywhere with anyone and 6 hours of alone with teacher driving. after that first part you get your permit which you must drive 30 hours with a parent until you can enter the second class which involves huge tests on traffic laws and what to do in certain situations. also practice more instructor in car driving. another 20 hours with parents then you take teh road test which alot of people do not pass. i think our system is fine now.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:05 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

That's funny you say that, because I'm not much older then you and I took a whopping 6 hours of driving and 25 hours of class. I also knew how to drive and had been driving for 2 yrs prior to that....

Old 10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
thestealth
Champion

In Ks., drivers ed is (was) not required. When I turned 14, I took the written and driving test and voila', I had a learners permit (too and from work and school only). My dad did taught me how to drive when I was about 8 though (earlier than that sitting on his lap steering). There are some plus' to growing up in rural Ks.

*note: When I was 8 to 12 I was not driving in the city or on the interstate, my driving was relegated to the miles of gravel roads around the town I grew up in. When I was about 13, I started driving on some of the interstates and to the other small towns. All my time behind the wheel, I was always accompanied by my dad until I received my permit.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Spear_em

I have a Dr's ok not to wear a seatbelt. No he didnt like the idea of giving me the ok, but since it's hard for me pull the seatbelt over my shoulder and click it into the buckle; he basically had no choice.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:45 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

yeah my grandfather doesnt have to wear one either. it's something to do with him having a pacemaker

Old 10-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[size=1]ORIGINAL: LAKOTA169

Then you weren't driving good. Besides yourself, you put everyone around you on the road in danger by driving on bald tires. If you have the money for expensive audio equipment, then you have the money to keep your car safe for the road.
[size=1]Nearly bald tires has nothing to do with my driving skill, it's money. The tires were not fully bald, but were nearly there. Besides, a car with full tred can still hydro-plain. My stereo equipment was free from my granfather's shop. So there goes your, "If you have the money for expensive audio equipment..." assumption. And this wreck happened when I was in high school.

Back on topic...

Quick Reply: Nearly everyone's buckling up