Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

No Viper for 2007!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 08:01 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Viper for 2007!

One thing here is that Cadillac has nothing to do with Chevy.... Cadillac is a GM product....as well as Chevrolet....
Avalanche...Escalade...Hmmm... Yeah, Chevy definately has nothing to do with Cadillac

If you're looking for a car under 35k...well, you're gonna get what you pay for. You can't expect a luxurious, high-output vehicle for cheap. All that wood grain and leather, not to mention the extra performance parts, do add a lot to the price.
That's true for the most part, but there are cars out there like the Mercedes C230 Sports Sedan, the C280 Luxury Sedan, and the Chrysler 300C. All three of those cars are under 35 and you are getting more then you pay for.

-Matt-

Old 10-30-2005, 06:13 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

with all fairness you gotta give diamler credit...while ford and chevy are pitchin assembly lines, were still up there in sales. Sure economy isnt important to how the auto manufacturers make design decisions but 15-20 years ago we had the k cars. Almost all of them werent meant for exhilerating performance...nor luxury...or sexy smooth body designs (ARIES???). IMHO I really wish chrysler would bring some coupes back...be it 4 6 or 8 cylinders. I can live w/ the 4 doors b/c they arent what they were 15-20 years ago.

The firepower reminds me of the 300 prototype they unveiled on the viper chassis back in 1991?1992 when I was about 12 years old. Man that was a breathtaking car...grand luxury and speed for the dollar. chrysler always had the most beautiful full bodied prototypes at those car shows and it wasnt like they had to give false promises of fulfulling the dreams of future buyers. Remember the pontiac banshee?? The SS?? the GT2?? All never made production but boosted image at carshows. I look at the firepower and see that its beautiful car...more affordable then a viper. And more of a catch for the self-indulgent or prosperous being or even a very hard working person. If chrysler wants to unveil it I say let em. Its not just another car to me, or a high cost status symbol. Its like a davinci. Its a work of art.

Sorry for the over-dramatic final thought.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
carbuzzard.com

There's an old showbusiness saying, "Leave 'em laughing." That could well be what Dodge is doing, dropping the Viper while it's still hot. What good would it do for Dodge to have it fade away as people lose interest?

Look at the Miata. Yeah, I know, you don't like it, but it has been the best selling sports car in the history of the world. Now a brand new generation arrives...and everyone yawns. Wouldn't it have been better for Mazda to kill off the Miata for a year, have people scream bloody murder, and then come out with a new sports car? It wouldn't have the visual baggage of the old car. It could look completely new. It could have new powertrain options. MG beat the poor MGB into the ground. Admittedly there were other problems there, but everyone has problems.
Dodge is lucky. They aren't dependent on Viper sales, but the Miata is a significant part of Mazda sales. Doing without for a year would be painful. Maybe six months, like Dodge with the Neon/Caliber? Hmmmm.

Quick Reply: No Viper for 2007!