Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Imperial?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:49 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chrysler Imperial?

Allpar reported this. http://www.allpar.com/news/#ni500

"The Aspen, Chrysler's upscale version of the Dodge Durango, is still reportedly on track for a Detroit debut. According to MPH Magazine, the Aspen is "...a streamlined version of the Dodge Durango..." The styling is said to draw inspiration from the 300 and Pacifica, as Chrysler is hoping to eat some sales from the popular Escalade and other high-end SUVs.

Also rumored as a possibility for a Detroit debut is the Chrysler Imperial. The Imperial would be a LX variant with reworked 300 sheetmetal, a longer wheelbase, and an even more cavernous interior. The Imperial name has been trademarked by Chrysler, so it is a highly likely possibility that such a model is indeed one of the rumored "7 LX variations" that Allpar sources have long alluded to."

Is this a sign that Chrysler is finally going to regain some of their Luxury image again. I hope the Imperial will be designed to be a luxury (not a volume seller) targeting Luxury cars from Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus, and other Luxury brands instead of Ford, Buick, and Toyota. They even mentioned about a limo based off the 300C.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Imperial?

Chrysler Imperial....that sounds too 90's. It reminds me of the Celebrity too.

-Matt-

Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Chrysler Imperial....that sounds too 90's. It reminds me of the Celebrity too.

-Matt-
Well, the Imperial roots back before the K-based one during '90-'93. Here is a link. http://www.allpar.com/model/imperial.html It would probably be used to appeal the luxury crowd away from Cadillac DTS, Lincoln Town Car, lower level Mercedes S-Class, Lexus LS 430, etc. It would probably look better than that born-to-be-pimpmobile from the 90's. The Celebrity was a ugly car.[:'(] My dad had two of them.

Old 12-10-2005, 02:52 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

im not talking about model on this topic here, but there was a company in the chrysler area that was name Imperial

Old 12-10-2005, 04:13 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dubvipers

im not talking about model on this topic here, but there was a company in the chrysler area that was name Imperial
Are you refering to that short lived luxury division back in the 60s & 70s that Chrysler had?

Old 12-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Chryco4Life
Rookie

Well the 300 LWB looks really good, so I think a big, upscale luxury car from Chrysler would be a great idea. But yes I agree that it would be more suited to low volume production, to keep it both highly desireable, and to not detract from 300 sales. Plus that name is awesome!

Old 12-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I'd like to see the Desoto name come back .I had a couple of the in the 50's.One was a sports coupe and the other had a Hemi and was two door hard top.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Dartman69
Veteran

Man, why is everyone scoffing at the idea of a new Imperial?

The nameplate (which originally was it's own brand) has a very proud history that spans all the way back to 1926. During it's heyday, the Imperial was often regarded as being above Cadillac (the so-called king of American luxury cars) in their quality of design. Many prominant people from that era chose to drive an Imperial over a Cadillac or Lincoln (such as JFK (who had 2 Imperial Crown Limousines) and the Green Hornet!). I think that it would be fitting for Chrysler to bring back the name for use on a new luxury vehicle- it harkens back to days of decadence and lavishness where the Imperial moniker was symbol of status and prestige.

P.S. Comparing the '90s Imperial to a Chevy Celebrity is a hurtin' blow. Those cars (the Imperials) were both beautifully appointed and comfortable. My Dad had bought one new in 1993, and still has this car in his ownership today as he has yet to find any modern luxury car with as much room and comfort. Even if one were to compare this car to a Fifth Avenue of the same year, they would find that they are two very different automobiles. The quality of materials used throughout the Imperial were of far nicer quality than those in the Fifth Avenue.

For those that would like to learn more about the Imperial division: www.imperialclub.com

Old 12-11-2005, 12:20 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

he has yet to find any modern luxury car with as much room and comfort.
Chrysler 300? Full size sedan with plenty of Hp and comfort to follow.

-Matt-

Old 12-11-2005, 12:51 AM
OG MagDak
Professional

so if there is a rumor for 7 LX variants i was wondering what they would be. the obvious answers to me were charger/ magnum/ 300, then challenger/ 300 coupe/ 300 converible/ and imperial. what does anybody else think, or does any one have more info. regarding that?

Quick Reply: Chrysler Imperial?