Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Car and Driver Sport Sedan showdown.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:06 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car and Driver Sport Sedan showdown.

Here is the link. http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=9993 I'm getting very tired of these stupid comparisons where they will not use any Chrysler products because they know that Chrysler or Dodge will kick the other cars' sorry butt in performance for the price. They called this a sport sedan showdown but it isn't. It is a luxury car showdown. If it was a sport sedan showdown, it would have included a 300C or a Charger Daytona or SRT-8. I know this article is about two months old, but I'm tired of Chrysler products not being included in any showdowns where their amazing bang for your buck is not being shown. Instead, they take Chrysler products and compare them against cars that are inferior and try to make Chrysler vehicles appear to be nothing special. An example of this is the comparison of the 300 vs. Toyota Avalon, Ford Five Hundred, Buick LaCrosse that Motor Trend and Car and Driver did.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Car and Driver Sport Sedan showdown.

Yeah C&D sucks. We would dominate some of these tests, if they did them right.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Spear_em
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if they have the Caddy CTS in that group; where is the 300, or the Charger? These mags just cater to the Import market; more-so the ASIAN-Import market!

Old 12-15-2005, 01:18 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Yeah C&D sucks. We would dominate some of these tests, if they did them right.

Isn't that god's honest truth.

-Matt-

Old 12-15-2005, 11:17 PM
soulphlower

Damn, so there's only 1 American car... I like C&D, and I LUV my AccOrD, but this magazine is so damn bias, it ain't funny! And I'm sick of that tired *** CTS...

Old 12-16-2005, 04:17 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Before you slam C&D read the rules. No bigger than a V6 was allowed. Do you really think a 300 or a charger with a 3.5 would have even come close to most of those cars? They just saved us a bit of embarrassment. Our V6's are anemic at best compared to those.

Joe

Old 12-16-2005, 04:34 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jgralka

Before you slam C&D read the rules. No bigger than a V6 was allowed. Do you really think a 300 or a charger with a 3.5 would have even come close to most of those cars? They just saved us a bit of embarrassment. Our V6's are anemic at best compared to those.

Joe
Why do you think they (C&D) set up those rules? So then they could prevent the cars that would kick all of these other cars butts from being included. I don't consider luxury car brands with the base engines to be a sports sedan showdown. A line-up of powerful V8 sedans that are not luxury brands is a better definition of a sport sedan showdown should be. Besides, one observation. If C&D was to be consistent if they included the Charger or 300 w/ the 3.5L, the Charger or 300 should win by their own rules. In past comparisons between the Viper and the Corvette (before the current Z06), the Corvette would lose in the acceleration and top speed trials but it would still win because it had better bang for your buck than the Viper did. Having the best speed is not the top priority to these people even if that is what the car is actually about, so don't be too sure.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

If they allowed the optional V8's that some of those cars have it would still be kicking the hemis ***. Notice 300 horse V6's. Their V8's are 325-almost 400 horse. I'm really sure C&D has a thing against Chrysler. I mean the 300 was their car of the year a couple of years ago, and its still on their 10 best list. So I can see your point.

Joe

Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jgralka

If they allowed the optional V8's that some of those cars have it would still be kicking the hemis ***. Notice 300 horse V6's. Their V8's are 325-almost 400 horse. I'm really sure C&D has a thing against Chrysler. I mean the 300 was their car of the year a couple of years ago, and its still on their 10 best list. So I can see your point.

Joe
Bring it on, I prefer to see a real showdown not this economy engine showdown. The Charger SRT-8 produces 425 hp within the lower level of the price range comparable to many of those V6s price ranges. The problem is C&D does not consider the 300 series and the Charger to be worthy to compete with these cars. They compare the 300 series to a Ford Five Hundred, a Buick LaCrosse, a Toyota Avalon. Now comparing it to a Ford (a base model badge) is an insult to me, and the other cars are not much of an improvement on that. They don't allow it to compare against the cars that it would really shine against. Last year they gave the 300 series the car of the year. Also the CTS and the BMW had around 255 hp that is just 5 more hp, but yes they have VVT tech and those cars are lighter so they would outrun the LX V6 models.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:45 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

The only reason the 300 was car of the year was because it was so far ahead of everyone else they had no choice but to pick it.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver Sport Sedan showdown.