Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2007 Jeep Wrangler (Update, Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:49 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Jeep Wrangler (Update, Pics)

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

Your saying that a 4.7L and 5.7L without MDS gets better mileage in a Wrangler than the 4.0L? In such tests was the gearing the same for each or did they put in taller gearing for the two V8s? I'm not saying its impossible since the 4.0L is a rather old engine design.

BETTER Mileage with Same Gear Ratio. The V8s are much newer and not only have higher compression ratios they are simply very efficient designs, they dont have to use as much gas to make as much power. (a perfect balance so to speak) The V8s proved significantly more efficient.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:10 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that surprising really. That AMC engine is very old and kind of outdated. The newer more efficient 545RFE could also help this. The compression ratio is slightly higher on the 4.7L but more noticably higher on the 5.7L, though.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:59 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

The Jeep I6 is 8.3 to 1, which is horrible by today’s standards.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
bonnetj

Wish jeep would make a V-8 option in the wrangler. The added horsepower would do wonders for mountain highway driving (gotta get to those trails somehow!). most suv's leave my 4.0L I-6 in the dust going up steep slopes, plus they get similar or better gas mileage (the price wranglers pay for better torque characteristics). the new V-6 engines in the '07 will be better at highway speeds, but not as good as it could be. i'd love to see the 5.7 multi-displacement hemi V-8 in a wrangler... so i wonder why jeep doesn't just offer the hemi V-8 as an option? perhaps the drivetrain would need to be redesigned or modified for the added hp/torque? seems unlikely to me since dropping in a V-8 crate motor seems to be a somewhat popular thing to do in older model jeeps with little or no mod's to the drivetrain. but adding a crate motor can be a real pain in the a**. And the fuel efficiency with a crate V-8 is average at best. i've seen evidence of a hemi v-8 crate put into a tj rubi, but throwing in extra $$ into a new 30K wrangler and voiding it's powertrain warranty just seems a bit extravagant for the rest of us who aren't rediculously rich. long story short, if the 08's come out with a hemi V-8 option, jeep would have my business fo sure!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

They should, but people cant be trusted with Jeeps with V8s

Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
shadowzform
Veteran

ORIGINAL: deranged

I guess "It's a JEEP thing." While I kinda dig Jeeps I can't for the life of me figure out why people are willing to pay so much for the Wrangler. A friend of mine payed $28,000 for a Rubicon. Now that's a lot of money no matter how you look at it! There's no way these things are worth that kinda money in my opinion. These are a very limited use vehicle. I'm not going to plunk down 28 large for something and then go out and beat it against rocks and trees and I can run to the store in the wife's Neon for a lot less. As for any other uses I really can't think of any. I certainly wouldn't drive one for any distance as I've grown fond of my kidneys. But to each his own. If this is what some people want more power to them! I'm saving my $28,000 for a different 2 door!

I don't know, but I was thinking about buying one in the future sometime, just to have for fun offroading in something besides a four-wheeler. I would'nt drive that around as a grocery-getter like I see a lot of people do, I would just carry that thing around as a toy, like something I would tow along behind me on my way to the mountains in tennessee on a vacation or something. That would be something nice to have to go on a vacation anywhere in. (I like to daydream and think about adventure).. but anyways

Me? I never payed attention to the jeep wranglers but for some reason that 2007 doesn't look much different? wtf is everyone talking about. Another thing, when I went to jeep.com to look at the pricing, it was nowhere to be found. They had nowhere on that site a place that you can "equip & price" or anything like that. That made me aggravated.

and then about the engine... I was considering buying it, but I won't until they decide to drop a HEMI in it, which will probably be never. Or I might just wait until they decide to come out with another offroad vehicle, preferably a little bigger, with a v8, or two (reference to the hurricane concept that had me drooling)

Old 07-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

HEMI powered Wrangler anyone?

https://dodgeforum.com/m_381408/tm.htm

Old 07-14-2006, 01:30 AM
shadowzform
Veteran

5.7L Wrangler sounds nice, just don't like doing that extra modification lol. I bet if that lightweight thing was in 2wd it would do a wheelie so fast, it would backflip and then do another... (imagining what a 5.7 HEMI in a wrangler would feel like) also i bet if you didn't step lightly on the pedal starting off it would peel out so bad like a mother flunk... and then spin around in circles, and then some.

Quick Reply: 2007 Jeep Wrangler (Update, Pics)