Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Smart Sees the US in Sight

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 03:08 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smart Sees the US in Sight

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Without having to replace expensive batteries every now and then. I think the smart would compare well with Toyota's 07 Yaris and the Geo Metro if that thing is still around.
The Metro was rebadged to Chevrolet and was dropped after 2001. What do you mean about not needing to replace batteries, the Yaris is not a Hybrid, it is the replacement for the Echo. If you mean the Prius then that would make sense.
Where does it say the Yaris is a hybrid? I said the Yari and the Metro would compare to the Smart car, and going back to the use of batteries, it wouldn't cost as much as a hybrid...such as the Prius. Diesels may be the future, but look at fuel prices. Diesel is nearly 10 cents more then regular and most people don't care about reliability over immediate savings.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

well if you lived in new york you could park it in your apartment lol, i could see autodeaths increasing with the small size of these cars, the only way you could be safe is if it had an ejector seat to get your *** outta there lol

Old 03-10-2006, 05:09 AM
angelmav

I see them on the roads all the time here in Germany, there neat lttle cars. Of course there arent as many "big" cars that they are competing with on the road, parking is tight or non-existent and its $5-$6 a gallan for gas so they make sense here in europe. The problem I see for them in the states is that they cost as much as an actual car over here so if their priced that way in the US its hard to imagine a market. If anyone remembers, Yugo sold like mad when they came out because you could get them so cheap new, Of course that just meant the buying public found out what absolute krap they were that much quicker, but theirs a market for a cheap new car!

Quick Reply: Smart Sees the US in Sight