Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

When is the next gen Ram coming?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is the next gen Ram coming?

When is the next Ram coming to compete? It is gonna have some serious competition with the 07' Silverado and the 07' Tundra. Are they gonna wait 2 or so years after them to come out with something? What will the engine power be like on the next one? I heard a 400hp 5.7, but I'm not sure.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:10 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: When is the next gen Ram coming?

400Hp won't happen, it's ridiculous, even for the hp war. With Toyota's goal of still getting great gas milage, I don't think the Tundra will be much of an issue. The Silverado's been outdated for some time now so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:31 PM
shiltz
Captain

I wouldn't expect it for at least another 3 years, they just did the midlife refresh on the Ram for this year.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:04 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

We probably won't see a new look for another 2-3 model years.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I agree... 400 hp is way too much, I don't know where you heard that from... 350 and 400 ft-lbs of torque would be great... And I agree also with the 3 year thing...

Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

The thing is, the toyota will out tow the ram, probably have more payload, and maybe out accelerate. The silverado will now have class leading horsepower, which will probably lead to class leading towing and payload. If they are going to wait this long, I hope they really come up with something good.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:19 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

the survey thing that I attended for Chrysler at the Dallas Convention center last month had the next gen rams with a 375 hp 5.7, and my guess is also about 2-3 years from now. The styling improvements and changes that I saw will take at least that long to develop since the next gen doesnt have a lot of sheetmetal to share with the current models.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:06 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

2008. We just started the expansion of the body shop for the 2008 DS. Which is the next platform name. The current one is the DR.

Joe

Old 03-04-2006, 03:19 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

400hp is ridiculous??... LMAO! I dont even think the stock SRT-10 is enough for me, but I dont know what you or most are used to. I wasnt born in a race car family but i want POWER, next generation Hemis should be 405 Horse Power 410ft lbs of torque. The next Generation Silverado will be out in less than a year and it will dominate many classes, GM has putt a lot of time effort, money, and time into this new platform. Fords F150 pig still retains a massive sales % in the United States market. The new “Ram” as good as they are, will lack in a few key features improvements, in performance, and truck-ability. I would still never own any truck but a Dodge of course, but that’s besides that matter, “Dodge is reasons trucks have anything, they are guilty of ever design renovation and key feature in the current truck theater.”

The new 07 Tundra in a performance aspect, will be the fastest stock non-official racing Half Ton on the Market because of its 5.7LV8 and 6 speed auto tranny. It will have a higher compression ratio than the 5.7L Hemis thus helping its efficiency and power. I think it will be around 380 horse power 380 TQ, And If Toyo rates it as 345 or 350… It will be just like when Chrysler has underrated their engines in the past in advertisements

Wish I was wrong, but if Chrysler sees 400hp in 5.7 as a solution, they are sure gonna use it.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:08 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

you wanna know what the next dodge ram will look like.......combine the 1999 dodge power wagon concept with the m80 concept that will be your next ram ... at the same time they made the m80 concept truck they made a m81 ........which is what we now know as dodge nitro!!!! it seems dodge aint quiet though with its retro styling....the 1999 power wagon concept is tough looking truck it makes the current rams look weak.. the tough brute look will be a big part to the next gen rams [sm=smiley34.gif]

Quick Reply: When is the next gen Ram coming?