Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dealership has SC for hemi on order!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 04:44 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealership has SC for hemi on order!

ORIGINAL: Hemipower04

don't worry about that. i pick my fights well and haven't lost one yet. not even to a lightning. for you ford guys out there.
LOL, Theres nothing more mad, than a LightN Owner that got beat by a N.A. Mopar....

Old 06-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Hemipower04
Professional

don't tell me your a blue oval fan. besides i never said i was stock.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:27 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

What forum are you on man, 1st off, Obviously you have not noticed,... But I am in no way on this phucking earth, a ford liking human being, in any way, shape, or form.(notice I am talking about pissed off ford drivers) 2nd I never said you were stock, I said N.A. (Naturally Aspirated) if this is incorrect then I am mistaken, If You are on spray or forced induction. You will have no problem (AT ALL) Smoking LightNs, Cameros, or Stangs any day. I have been in the car business my whole life, I wouldnt buy Anything but a Mopar.

Old 06-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Hemipower04
Professional

hey take it easy there spark plug. just sounded like something a ford junkie would say, " there's nothin more mad than a lightning getting beat by a n.a mopar.." and i hope you meant ram by that statement, because a real hemi ,have throttle, on a dart or roadrunner or any mopar for that matter will smoke them gay lightnings. p.s. the lightnings are not as fast as everyone thinks they are. all they are good for is to smoke that cheap rubber they come with. do that on the 20's the rams come with, lol like to see that.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:37 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

What is your 1/4 mile time.. SERIOUSLY. Dont fluff it.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:09 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional

Hey guys, no fighting now...

I dont know how fast that lighting is. But I mean, its lighter than a RAM, and its got like what... 390 hp and 450 lb ft of tq. They launch super hard. However, from a rolling start. I know they aint that fast. My ram is totally stock, and I mean, he never get that far away from me.. I was actually worried because I was on the throttle full and I was worried that I wouldnt be able to stop in time if something happened because he wasnt that far away. I thought he would get way further away considering its a sc 5.4l.

-adam

Old 06-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Hemipower04
Professional

i've never tested at the drag strip since moroso is the closest, i live in miami so to far for me. besides put a corvette z06 in the wrong hands and i'll whoop them. remember some people don't know how to drive. or maybe the lightnings are over rated. i think it's the second.

Old 06-11-2004, 02:24 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there are a handful of lightnings running at our local track, all of which run in the mid to low 13s, or high 12s, with one running bottled in the 11s. while i am no fan of the lightning, or ford drivers in general, but id enjoy watching a hemi ram with 20s, with catback and a hoodscoop outrun a stock lightning. mid 14s with the stock furd, if im not mistaken?

Old 06-11-2004, 06:00 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Hemipower, what are your performance mods... BadStrat I never saw a Ford LN go faster than 13.9 Stock. They are very small trucks, and thats why they are fast. Some Hemi Reg Cabs are getting close to mid 13s with bolt ons.. Yet they are naturally aspirated......

Old 06-11-2004, 01:47 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmmm..i thought one of the non-ford mag rated the lightning at 13.80s stock, no? i could be mistaken.

i have seen them really run well with only pulley changes and DRs.

dont get me wrong mg42, i am by no means a furd supporter, but add to their decent power output the fact that they only come in autos in the current body style(99-03), and it really goes to eliminate driver error.

Quick Reply: Dealership has SC for hemi on order!