Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

What are we to expect on the next-gen. ram?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:03 AM
b3nzyme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are we to expect on the next-gen. ram?

It's a little early to anticipate anything, but in the next generation ram, which is to appear anywhere in 2009-2011, and with competition getting tougher, what are we to expect in the next generation Dodge Ram? The chevrolet vortecmaxx has already caught up with the 345hp HEMI and rumor has it toyota has plans to release a 375hp motor.

I personally think dodge is giving the competition some breathing room before they release another killer! But hey, that's just me.[8D]

Let the entertainment begin.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:26 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Default RE: What are we to expect on the next-gen. ram?

I just have to say... I love your sig, HAHAHAHAHA

Old 05-24-2006, 08:44 PM
dakota rampage
Rookie

nahhh toyota engine is HP 350/TQ 400.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:04 PM
b3nzyme

heheh, oh well, that tundra won't be "caught-up" with us for too long. But i have to complement dodge. We have been leading the pack, so to speak, in the truck market. everyone else cant help but try to play catch-up cus of their sales dropping.

As a fellow dodgeforum.com member said on another topic... "We all will have to wait for the next Ram body. I'm sure it won't look like anything else out there. Dodge does not follow industry truck design, they lead it! "

Old 05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
b3nzyme

^^ oh and thanx moparkj lol

Old 05-24-2006, 10:13 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Hopefully as far as the design they make it better looking. So far I like the style front end like my 96 ram I had. I think the newer model front ends look weird. Hopefully for performance, they can aqueeze out a little mor torque and HP, but they are probably going to have to consider MPG's, make that better as well with the obvious gas prices.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:09 AM
b3nzyme

i read somewhere on these forums a while back.. (and now i cant find the topic anywhere) about this guy who was chosen along with a few others,and paid, to come to a place where they unveiled three concepts for the next generation ram. he said they werent allowed pictures and security was REALLY tight so all he could do was tell us about it. he said they were all kind of weird but something you can get used to but one he and others really liked had a swept-forward grille, similar to the charger, and its headlights were swept back,kind of like this...

click here to see it

now can you imagine both of those ideas put together? yuck! but he said donot worry, it looks a whole lot better than what he was describing. also i remember one last thing about him telling us that they incorporated themega cab into the quad cab models. so from then on you will always get "mega cab space" when you buy a quad cab. grrr i hate it when i cant find stuff like this

Old 05-25-2006, 02:21 AM
b3nzyme

HERE IT IS!! w000t!

click here [sm=burnout.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=hail.gif]

but does anyone else have a feeling he might be sort of stretching the truth/lying/exaggerating on some things?

Old 05-27-2006, 01:28 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

yeh that was me... since then I have been constantly searching the net to see if I can find a spy photo or at least something resembling the trucks that I saw but have yet to find anything. Besides the one version that looked kinda like the power wagon conept truck the other 2 where definitely different than the current version but also better in design and looks. Like I said before, on the window stickers they had on the versions they all had 5.7's with 375 Hp, so all we can do is wait and hope that they will continue to be leaders of the pack when the next bodystyle comes around.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:53 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think what Dodge needs to do is offer a 6-speed with better chosen ratios (with a taller final-drive ratio), offer either VVT or dual-VVT to boost the output, and increase the compression ratio. These will increase the fuel economy and acceleration. I hope they will actually be able to have a towing capacity similar to what Toyota, GM, Ford, and Nissan have. I can't understand why the HEMI powered Ram is lower.

Quick Reply: What are we to expect on the next-gen. ram?