Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Limited Edition Foose Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 01:53 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Limited Edition Foose Challenger

ORIGINAL: moparkj

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

nicko? youve got to be kidding me. nicko has an uneducated, inexperienced opinion of the classics...and he only does it to get a rise out of a select few people here...

slapping an ugly paint job, and some straight-out-tha-ghetto wheels ruins the performance and look of the old cars.

this is true... BUT those few people who actaully take the time to totally redo the suspension, braking, and drivetrains of these older cars actually make it better at handling, and overall performance.... there was a show on TV, cant remember the name but the guy built and then auctioned these "modernized" muscle cars...

ie:
Drum brakes upgraded to Disc
Air suspension (yes it can be used to imporve performance)
You'd be talking about Wrecks to Riches....it runs on TLC....usually before Overhaulin....and those cars are redone usually quite tastefully with a performance suspension/motor/tires......the way the car woulda been done had it been built in the 90's/2000's

Old 06-15-2006, 03:01 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

BadStrat, yea, I completely agree, I was just saying "modernizing" can be done right....

I am a function>form kinda guy, and personally dont like many of the Foose creations.

and thank you devils reject, thats the show I was talking about.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:12 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for instance, at the NAIAS, they have the "foose charger" downstairs...it had metallic black paint, wheels and a badge on the back...

Old 06-15-2006, 03:13 AM
MGDMike
Champion

I see that Unique Performance is collaborating on this as well... wuppity doo. That the same company that does those "Elenor's" for like $800,000.00! Naw, that ride doesn't do anything for me at all. Actually, alot of Foose's stuff doesn't do it for me.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:54 PM
jefp1

What do you guys think of XV 's building 200K Challengers and Cuda's? I think if someone is going down that road XV is alot better then Foose. By the way what do you think of a 70 Chally having a 5.7?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:24 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Its interesting to read what some think about foose and unique performance especially since it based right here in the dallas area(where I reside). Unique doesnt just slap on new paint and fat wheels, they go way way further than that. To begin with they replace the entire suspension on the mustangs, both front and rear and let me tell you, having a 1970 cougar myself, I can tell you the original setup for the front totally sucks with a crappy power steering setup and an even worse shock/spring/control arm system that is probly one of the most undesirable setups ever to come out of ford which they change over to rack and pinion for better control. They upgrade the brakes with discs all the way around, my cougar has drums as did alot of late 60's and early 70's cars. They upgrade the engine and everything with it. One of the motors they offer is a 500+Hp monster with fuel injection and far more reliable than any carburated points based 70's era one. Of course the most loaded machines they make are $80K and above but they also have various levels of upgrades so a less expensive version could be had. I have been looking into them for well over a year now and at some point in time I would like to drag the cougar over there and see what upgrades they have that can be applied to it(and that I can afford within reason). I could see dropping 30-40 grand into it to make it drivable on a daily basis or whenever I wanted to. Something that my son and I could travel to car shows in, or that he could drive to prom or something like that, something that I can proudly pass onto him and that will last for another 30 years since it has been in the family since new. Of course I can dream about my own Cougar version of an Elenor with all of the goodies too, but until I win a lottery or have a few hundred gand dropped on me from some lost rich uncle through an inheritence, it will stay just that... a dream.

As far as doing challangers in this same fashion, I dont see any problem with it. After all a majority of the ones that will go through the process arent going to be cherry Hemi, 440 or 340 cars. In fact most will probly be the typical basket case, 6 cyl. or small displacement V8's of which are still not worth much today. Chips versions of the mustangs are going for HUGE money at the auctions like Barrett/Jackson and the like so you can only expect any MOPAR that he touches in this manner will go for a couple hundred grand also, especially since there wont be very many of them produced.

I personally would rather have Chip do a car rather than someone like Boyd. I watch all the shows and see how Boyd has a tendancy to carry his "designs" a bit too far. Chip on the other hand basically "modernizes" most of the rides seen on OverHaulin. And hey anything is better than what those fools on "Pimp my Ride" do! I mean really, what is the point of putting $20G's worth of crappy body work, a god aweful paint job(usually) and a ton of worthless electronics and goofy sh*t in a car or truck that commonly isnt worth the TV your watching the show on.

Besides anyone can see that the trend to turn older popular bodied muscle cars into updated street/ touring rods is a good thing. After all it is helping to bring around retro designs from automobile manufacturers such as the Challanger, Mustang, Camaro and so on. And anything is better than letting them rot in some field or backyard somewhere or even worse being sent to the crusher!

Old 11-17-2006, 12:32 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

Its interesting to read what some think about foose and unique performance especially since it based right here in the dallas area(where I reside). Unique doesnt just slap on new paint and fat wheels, they go way way further than that. To begin with they replace the entire suspension on the mustangs, both front and rear and let me tell you, having a 1970 cougar myself, I can tell you the original setup for the front totally sucks with a crappy power steering setup and an even worse shock/spring/control arm system that is probly one of the most undesirable setups ever to come out of ford which they change over to rack and pinion for better control. They upgrade the brakes with discs all the way around, my cougar has drums as did alot of late 60's and early 70's cars. They upgrade the engine and everything with it. One of the motors they offer is a 500+Hp monster with fuel injection and far more reliable than any carburated points based 70's era one. Of course the most loaded machines they make are $80K and above but they also have various levels of upgrades so a less expensive version could be had. I have been looking into them for well over a year now and at some point in time I would like to drag the cougar over there and see what upgrades they have that can be applied to it(and that I can afford within reason). I could see dropping 30-40 grand into it to make it drivable on a daily basis or whenever I wanted to. Something that my son and I could travel to car shows in, or that he could drive to prom or something like that, something that I can proudly pass onto him and that will last for another 30 years since it has been in the family since new. Of course I can dream about my own Cougar version of an Elenor with all of the goodies too, but until I win a lottery or have a few hundred gand dropped on me from some lost rich uncle through an inheritence, it will stay just that... a dream.

As far as doing challangers in this same fashion, I dont see any problem with it. After all a majority of the ones that will go through the process arent going to be cherry Hemi, 440 or 340 cars. In fact most will probly be the typical basket case, 6 cyl. or small displacement V8's of which are still not worth much today. Chips versions of the mustangs are going for HUGE money at the auctions like Barrett/Jackson and the like so you can only expect any MOPAR that he touches in this manner will go for a couple hundred grand also, especially since there wont be very many of them produced.

I personally would rather have Chip do a car rather than someone like Boyd. I watch all the shows and see how Boyd has a tendancy to carry his "designs" a bit too far. Chip on the other hand basically "modernizes" most of the rides seen on OverHaulin. And hey anything is better than what those fools on "Pimp my Ride" do! I mean really, what is the point of putting $20G's worth of crappy body work, a god aweful paint job(usually) and a ton of worthless electronics and goofy sh*t in a car or truck that commonly isnt worth the TV your watching the show on.

Besides anyone can see that the trend to turn older popular bodied muscle cars into updated street/ touring rods is a good thing. After all it is helping to bring around retro designs from automobile manufacturers such as the Challanger, Mustang, Camaro and so on. And anything is better than letting them rot in some field or backyard somewhere or even worse being sent to the crusher!

+1

I hate it when I agree with this guy, but damn did he hit it dead on. The only thing I'd add to that is that not a single one of us would turn down any one of those cars if it was offered to us. (referring to a car by Foose or Unique)

Old 11-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

And hey anything is better than what those fools on "Pimp my Ride" do! I mean really, what is the point of putting $20G's worth of crappy body work, a god aweful paint job(usually) and a ton of worthless electronics and goofy sh*t in a car or truck that commonly isnt worth the TV your watching the show on.
Well, they don't do the same thing on paying customers cars. For them, the show it so they can just do anything they want and try new things. The kids will take anything...

Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Inko

The good thing about Foose doing them, at least they wont be Bondo buckets like a lot of do it yourselfers would make them.

And to the guy that said adding larger wheels decreases performance? Well A: they arnt steel, most good wheels are 6061-T6 aluminum, which is lighter than rubber. So most cast rims american racing, eagle, or any wheel you buy from a wholesaler will be heavier. But a real forged billet wheel, like Intros, Colorado Customs, B.A.D, some Centerlines, in a larger wheel will be lighter than factory wheels, therefore decrease rotational mass, also using a lower profile tire will help traction and cornering. But thats within reason, 30" rims and tires??? dumb.

And you gotta give it to Foose, he's a business man. According to SEMA, Appearance and Accessory product sales hold 55.6 percent of the market as compared to Racing and Performance products which hold 20 percent of the market. (SEMA, Market analysis 2002) People are more concerned with show then go....And since the age group which is buying these products are influenced by pop culture (rap and hip hop videos, Fast and the furious) It would be hard to market just restored vehicles to the target age group without them being "blinged out"

And this may help the people who restore cars, at shows yours will stand out a lot more sitting next to all these customized cars then sittin next to 20 other restored vehicles of the same model.... Its each persons taste. When I finally get to dig into my 1973 AMC Javelin, I want to restorize it my self. I want it restored but upgraded to new vehicles quality with suspension and braking, but still be able to put it back to 100% stock if If i need to.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:52 AM
95ram

Any old Mopar that's on the street rather than in a junk yard is a victory to me.

Quick Reply: Limited Edition Foose Challenger