Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

does anyone know if this is true?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:10 AM
ARP1500
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone know if this is true?

i heard a couple rumors that dodge is going to stop prodution of the magnum becuase they havent been selling like they hoped for...for the same amount of magnuma sold in a year it only took the charger 6 months to blow buy it in sales..i hope they dont stop it ive always liked them since they came out...and i want to get a new not beat up used one in a couple months ...

Old 07-06-2006, 03:01 AM
shadowzform
Veteran
Default RE: does anyone know if this is true?

Well we hear rumors all the time here and i don't think that's true. Of course people like the charger more because of its name and looks, but i like the magnum's looks too. I know its strong point is storage space but personally i dont find it all-that useful when you have trucks and other things.

I don't think dodge would want to discontinue them being that the magnum is one-of-a-kind car, but then again it's kind of pointless being that its nothing but a re-shaped charger. They're practically twins. Then it goes down to comparison, do you favor more storage space or what? Depending on how you look at it, magnum is either taking sales from charger or charger taking sales from magnum. I think both are.

If they do discontinue them it would be a couple years or so, so i believe you are able to buy one in a couple months time lol. Not to mention the time it takes to sell the things even after they are discontinued. The dealerships in my are (none of them dodge ) still have '05s on the lots that they have trouble selling. lol once again, my area is full of po' people. Used car dealerships are everywhere here. New dealerships are rare.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: shadowzform

I don't think dodge would want to discontinue them being that the magnum is one-of-a-kind car, but then again it's kind of pointless being that its nothing but a re-shaped charger. They're practically twins.
Not really a re-shape... Charger looks more like the 300C, than the Magnum...

Simply put, I think there is no way Chrysler would discontinue that baddest Wagon made....... any time soon....

Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

From the way I hear it when the challanger comes out, the magnum will go out.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: jgralka

From the way I hear it when the challanger comes out, the magnum will go out.

thats what i hope. they shouldn't waste production line potential on that at that point. the challenger and charger alone will overwhelm that factory through 300 in there and they can't handle the dog of the magnum.

quote:

ORIGINAL: shadowzform

I don't think dodge would want to discontinue them being that the magnum is one-of-a-kind car, but then again it's kind of pointless being that its nothing but a re-shaped charger.

magnum came out a year before the charger.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:42 AM
ARP1500
Amateur

thats what i was thinking now since the charger is out theres not really any reason to keep the magnum but what ever if they do stop it ill just have to search for a good used one....or maybe even a used srt8..i really like the srt8 but i need something with a little bit better gas mileage..i have been seeing used srt8s for the same price as a new rt like 30k thats a awesome price...its just like the srt10 ram there 50k ro so new i have seen them as cheap as 32k with like 20k miles on them.....so i guess if i need to buy used it isnt a bad thing..i did a search up to 200 miles away last night on a used car site and there was 250 + used magnums out there and the rts where ranging from 18k dollars with 50k miles on them to 25k dollars with 15k miles and a used srt8 for 33 so its not that bad

Old 07-06-2006, 01:01 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Considering they sell the 300C as a wagon in both Canada and Europe....I dont know that they will fully discontinue the Magnum. The Magnum is a great looking car and fun to drive.

That being said, with all the horrible gas mileage vehicles Dodge/Chrysler has right now....and with the Challenger going to be even worse on gas......it wont surprise me if we see the death of the Magnum......

Old 07-06-2006, 02:23 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

No point to Magnum? Maybe some don’t have to be trendy to have a great car, maybe some wants all the benefits of an LX car but with more storage, no truck can fulfill that.

I could go on all day.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
shiltz
Captain

I don't see them killing off the Magnum, it sell very good for a full size station wagon, for a full size wagon to have 50% of the sale of it's comparible sedan is good numbers, and as gas prices keep going up more people are look towards wagons as better fuel economy replacements for the SUV.

That being said, with all the horrible gas mileage vehicles Dodge/Chrysler has right now....and with the Challenger going to be even worse on gas......it wont surprise me if we see the death of the Magnum......
Actualy the's probably one of the biggest reasons they wouldn't kill it off, Magnum = truck as far as the EPA is concerned so the magnum helps bring up the average fuel economy for the truck line to keep Dodge from getting stuck with the big fines for their average going lower than allowed.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Polish Don
Rookie

I heard the same comment somewhere as well, but I don't believe it. I think Chrysler said that they were upgrading a plant to built additional Chrysler 300's outside of the Brampton plant.

Quick Reply: does anyone know if this is true?