Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger finally shown!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 03:06 PM
HEMI TT
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger finally shown!

it's called doing business, save money here, here, and here, and that's how you make affordable cars so that poeple will buy them. In turn stay in business.

But that concept was definately sweet.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:42 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you saying that the 300C and the new Charger are different cars chassis wise?

Old 07-02-2004, 03:51 PM
shiltz
Captain

bah, got me all excited thinking there was pictures of it in this thread.

well i'm still hoping they are holding out cause they are actualy gona use the 99 charger concept body so everyone has seen it and loves it but doesn't think they are gona use it then show it in jan a few months before they start selling it so they hype really gets built up on right at launch time, and if not then they are foolish in not producing the near perfect design for a new charger.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah...cut costs here and here,,,,here and here,,,and here,...and here,,.

and thats why i spend all day hunting down parts for rediculous recalls......

Old 07-02-2004, 04:00 PM
georgejetson
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Are you saying that the 300C and the new Charger are different cars chassis wise?
No, I'm saying that the now-in-production 300 and the Charger concept car shown in 1999 are on different chassis. The upcoming 2006 Charger is a completely different design from the concept car, and is in fact based on the LX platform shared with 300 and Magnum.

Old 07-04-2004, 06:34 PM
georgejetson
Rookie

ORIGINAL: the Mopar guy

Well to everyone who can't wait to see the new charger the wait may be over at this weekend's firecracker race in Daytona. A Chrysler rep visiting our store for Dodge premier night told me that Chrysler is planning on revealing the design at the race. But like anything else.....who knows?
Another direct-from-the-rep rumor bites the dust.

These Chrysler reps ought to spend an hour or two hanging out on Allpar learning about what's coming instead of just making up stuff to cover the fact that they don't actually know anything about Charger or its launch plans.

Old 07-04-2004, 07:39 PM
redriderbob
Banned

thank you Mr. Jetson, I should really just post a pinned message above the top about what we don't know about the Charger... which isn't very much! Its pretty bad, when they said that the ME-412 was a huge kept secret, and we knew more about that than what we do about the Charger. Of course when you have 300C and Magnum models in production form running around w/ experimental 6.1L HEMI V-8s, it is hard to see if you can pick the Charger's running gear out of the crowd!

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Charger finally shown!