Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler dealers don't want '07s

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Chrysler dealers don't want '07s

Chrysler dealers don't want '07s
AutoBlog.com

Chrysler, and all the brands contained within, is not experiencing the typical surge in dealer orders for model year 2007 vehicles that's typical for this time of year. Dealers, unable to unload the 2006 models already on their lots, are all about supporting their company, but not at the expense of their bottom line.

As dealers throughout the country are finding it increasingly difficult to move the vehicles they already have, Chrysler's CEO Tom LaSorda and the infamous Dr. Z admitted that they didn't foresee the slow down in sales of their most popular models (read: 300C) and subsequently didn't make the appropriate cuts in production. Additionally, Chrysler still has a glut of 2006 models that it hoped would find its way to dealers before the 2007 models began production.

The nation's Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep dealers are understandably irritated and the combination of too much product and high interest rates don't bode well for the future.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:00 PM
srtommy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler dealers don't want '07s

It's because Chrysler over-produced for the 2006 model year and offered no real incentive programs. They tried the tired out "Employee Pricing." But that flopped horribly. Now they are having a hard time doing the 0% financing thing. They offered it...but on the products that won't sell regardless of what they do or the product that sells automatically. What they need to do is put long term 0% on Charger, Magnum, 300 and Rams. They also need to make LX platform cars and Durango's much much more competitive in the leasing market. Chrysler is getting killed by Pontiac, Nissan, Ford, Honda and Toyota in the car leasing market. It's going to be a long time until dealers start ordering large numbers of inventory unless Chrysler wakes up someday. It's time to be a leader instead of a follower. "Let's see what the other guys do first."

Old 10-06-2006, 03:10 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Fix the 06' Crossfire's transmission and that will sell like mad...

Old 10-06-2006, 04:27 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Fix the 06' Crossfire's transmission and that will sell like mad...
Discontinue the model and fix the problem all together.....the Crossfire will go away as soon as the Firepower hits the road...

Old 10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

The Firepower is a V8 Hemi powered coupe... I don't think they should discontinue their V6 coupe, because of that... They just need to fix the transmission problem and make it affordable...

Old 10-06-2006, 09:03 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

A V8 coupe suggests a price greater than $30,000; that would destroy the market range. Having a V6 still offers the average American a chance to own one. Plus I doubt you would be able to afford a Firepower, I mean...Viper chassis. Do you really suggest that the average coupe seeker can afford a Viper chassis?

I agree the price could be a bit lower, like 3k lower, but now you can find a used one for 20k.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:16 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Midnight

The Firepower is a V8 Hemi powered coupe... I don't think they should discontinue their V6 coupe, because of that... They just need to fix the transmission problem and make it affordable...
This is Chrysler/Dodge we're talking about.....so they obviously dont care very much about the coupe segment.....that's fact...not an opinion....

As for making it affordable.....yeah right....its basically a Chrysler in name only....as roughly 75% of the parts are Benz....I agree it could be made cheaper....but they wont bring the price down much...

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

A V8 coupe suggests a price greater than $30,000; that would destroy the market range. Having a V6 still offers the average American a chance to own one. Plus I doubt you would be able to afford a Firepower, I mean...Viper chassis. Do you really suggest that the average coupe seeker can afford a Viper chassis?

I agree the price could be a bit lower, like 3k lower, but now you can find a used one for 20k.
For starters, the Firepower will probably run in the range of the base-mid model Corvette....40-50k.... and again...this is Dodge/Chrysler....they've already shown they dont care about the coupes....I listen to people on this site bitch n moan about us coupe lovers saying a performance sedan is soooooooooooo much better blah blah blah.....

Point is....people want coupes...and DC doesnt seem to listen to us....as for the Viper chassis comment...if they can slap a Viper motor in a Ram and see them get sold for 35-42k....that's not ****....as the Camaro's ran for that kind of price....

V8's for under 30k ....that are coupes
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
Ford Mustang GT

The truth is...most coupes made nowadays are using 3.8-4.0L V6 engines....so its not really an issue as far as V8 coupes anyhow....

Old 10-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Pitt Ram
Rookie

how can you say dodge doesnt do coupes?

The 2008 Dodge Challenger is a Coupe...that thing will own..im sure of it

Old 10-09-2006, 05:57 PM
srtommy
Veteran

Thread officially hijacked by the Firepower!

Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: Pitt Ram

how can you say dodge doesnt do coupes???????????

The 2008 Dodge Challenger is a Coupe...that thing will own..im sure of it
We want afordable coupes for the average person...

Quick Reply: Chrysler dealers don't want '07s