Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Special Edition Challenger For 2009 Model Year:

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:03 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Edition Challenger For 2009 Model Year:

Yesterday was my last day at the dealership that I worked at. They laid a bunch of us off, because of money problems. Go figure when you are the 4th in sales in the country. But thats another story.

I had a older customer come in to the showroom yesterday, asking if we had any 2006 Chrysler 300C models left. Started talking to him and found out that he works for Chrysler, and he is a platform engineer. He metioned that the he and a few guys are working on the Challenger suspension settings. I started laughing, thinking he was joking. He pointed to a Top Banana 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T will had out in the parking lot, and said that the Challenger will offer a T/A model, w/ very similar setup as the Charger Daytona R/T. He said he seen one mockup of it, and the color mocked the concept in a HEMI Orange color. It will have retro T/A stripes, blacked out decals on the hood, and a sporty hood scoop.

As we talked I showed him a picture of the Challenger R/T Super Stock Concept from SEMA. He said he has seen the final bodywork of the car, and it looks pretty close to the Challenger at SEMA. He said the LED tailights are a GO! He only had one complaint about the new Challenger... "...theres no chrome on the car, unlike the ones from the 70's.". He said he hasn't seen the final interior design yet. But the exterior is pretty close to SEMA Concept. He said the door handles, six shooter LED lamps, and LED tailights are going to be on the production model. I did forget to ask him however, about the B-pillar.

redriderbob

Old 11-11-2006, 04:18 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Default RE: Special Edition Challenger For 2009 Model Year:

Bob did you work for richmond? I thought you guys were doing well. My current ram came from there. My dad is probably going to get a t&c from there at the end of the month. I do know every other dealer in the area HATES richmond. They say he sells cars at little to no profit, and makes everyone else look bad.

Joe

Old 11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm...

ive heard so many rumors since the car came out...ill believe the rumors when they hit the showroom.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:09 PM
shiltz
Captain

ORIGINAL: redriderbob

As we talked I showed him a picture of the Challenger R/T Super Stock Concept from SEMA. He said he has seen the final bodywork of the car, and it looks pretty close to the Challenger at SEMA. He said the LED tailights are a GO! He only had one complaint about the new Challenger... "...theres no chrome on the car, unlike the ones from the 70's.". He said he hasn't seen the final interior design yet. But the exterior is pretty close to SEMA Concept. He said the door handles, six shooter LED lamps, and LED tailights are going to be on the production model. I did forget to ask him however, about the B-pillar.
About time Chryler starts using LED taillights stock, they keep saying it's to costly yet honda and other japanese care makes can put them in their sub $20k cars with no problems.

And on that one complaint about no chrome on the Challenger, all I can say is about damn time, chrome is tacky/rice looking unless used very very sparingly, and Chrysler doesn't have a good track record on using it sparingly when they do, like the Ram, Dakota, and Durnago, they have about 4-5 vehicles worth of chrome on them.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed on the chrome. It is pretty tacky, especially when it is chromed .. plastic.

Which is why I <3 my truck. Zero chrome. :-)

Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Yeah I remember going through all of that crap with my ram. I don't remember the business managers name, but he was of oriental decent. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. He was trying real hard to sell me several things I didn't need. Then he played dumb about the one package I wanted. The customer conv. package. He told me he didn't know what it was. All it is road hazard, and car rental. I've purchased it on my last 6 Chrysler's. (I buy a new car every year.) When I started to walk from the deal because of his stupidity he then sold me the wheel and tire package, and the alt. trans package at the same price I paid for the cust conv package at van dyke dodge. So I bought it. The bad part is that the wheel and tire warranty company blows. I had to call before I took the truck in, then call from belle tire, then pay for it, and finally 3 mos later got reimbursed. With the Chrysler plan you don't call anyone. Just get it fixed, then send it in. Two weeks later you get a check in the mail.

But to be honest I like orchard better! Bought my 06 t&c there. But my long time salesman moved up state. So now I'm searching for a new dealer.

Joe

Old 11-12-2006, 04:50 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: jgralka

Yeah I remember going through all of that crap with my ram. I don't remember the business managers name, but he was of oriental decent. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. He was trying real hard to sell me several things I didn't need. Then he played dumb about the one package I wanted. The customer conv. package. He told me he didn't know what it was. All it is road hazard, and car rental. I've purchased it on my last 6 Chrysler's. (I buy a new car every year.) When I started to walk from the deal because of his stupidity he then sold me the wheel and tire package, and the alt. trans package at the same price I paid for the cust conv package at van dyke dodge. So I bought it. The bad part is that the wheel and tire warranty company blows. I had to call before I took the truck in, then call from belle tire, then pay for it, and finally 3 mos later got reimbursed. With the Chrysler plan you don't call anyone. Just get it fixed, then send it in. Two weeks later you get a check in the mail.

But to be honest I like orchard better! Bought my 06 t&c there. But my long time salesman moved up state. So now I'm searching for a new dealer.

Joe

i recommend fox hills Chrysler jeep or dick Scott dodge. good dealer very understanding workers and no pressure like those ****ing douche bags at Szott M-59 Chrysler Jeep

Old 11-13-2006, 03:28 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Well I see you have the same opinion of him as I do! The only reason I bought my ram from there is the fact of they were the only ones to have the ram I wanted. And as you know, richmond really doesn't like trading with anyone. My former salesman used to work for van dyke, then went out to orchard. He sent me to richmond because it was the end of the model year, and he couldn't get me the truck I wanted. So he sent me to a former co-worker of his at van dyke. To avoid names, lets just say he has something in common with the current president. I was thinking of sending my dad (also a dc emp) to sterile whites, but is it still true that the t&c's are leasing better than the grands? I know that was the case when I got my wifes. I looked at a spring special t&c, and ss grand caravan, and the caravan was about 40 more a month on a lease.

Any idea where you are going next bob?

Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Let me tell you something about T&C and Caravan models. The only difference is the headlamps, front grille, badge on tailgate, center stack trim, and wheels. The Chrysler cost about $150 more than the Dodge! So Dodge Caravan models will be cheaper. However, it just depends on what model it is and how much dealer cash the sales manager wants to throw at it to get you to sign the deal!

BTW, John is a good guy. Quiet but a nice guy! Out of all the people out there, I would recommend him second to all of them out there. I have to go in today and clean out my desk yet! lol.

redriderbob

Old 11-13-2006, 02:09 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I was told at the time i got mine that the t&c had a higher residual value than the caravan. About a 1% differance. And thats why it was cheaper to lease. He told me he could get the caravan cheaper if I was buying, but not leasing. Btw, why dosen't richmond stock any 07 caravans?

The deal I was looking at for my dad is a 07 t&c sign. series for 232 a month with a grand due at signing. So far no ones ads are even close to that.

Quick Reply: Special Edition Challenger For 2009 Model Year: