Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Viper news!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:21 AM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper news!!!!

Corvette blue devil commeth
Blue Devil will never be... possibly the Sting Ray...but even that would be a risk to GM...

Who would buy the Sting Ray anyways with the Ligenfeltner package?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:16 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Majin_Neon_00

well there we have it our new freaking dodge Viper it shouldnt take to long for devils reject to diss it

What's there to diss? They improved the looks a bit, got the power levels up, and they produced a slightly better version of the Viper.

Do I think that its going to blow away the Corvette? Not likely. I think that the Corvette will still continue to push the Viper, especially when the Blue Devil hits streets. More importantly, the LS7 can still see improvements N/A that could push the Corvette even faster without the supercharger.

All in all, the Viper made some good improvements and I'm glad to see it. I'm not blown away by them, but they are definitely in the direction I have felt the Viper needed to go for a while...

Old 01-04-2007, 12:19 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Corvette blue devil commeth
Blue Devil will never be... possibly the Sting Ray...but even that would be a risk to GM...

Who would buy the Sting Ray anyways with the Ligenfeltner package?
Because as we all know, factory setups tend to be easier to deal with. While a Lingenfelter kit would be cheaper then buying a new Viper or the Supercharged Corvette, you still have to deal with sending the car away and being without it. Not to mention, unless you get the Twin Turbo setup, your not going to do much better in the way of performance thru Lingenfelter for the price.

Plus, unless you buy a Z06, you wont have the performance setup that the Z06 already has....

Old 01-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Majin_Neon_00
Professional

Honestly i dont think there is any contest between the "Blue Devil" and the Viper, the thing is the blue devil is a limited run, just like the Z06 is. Sorry to say it but the Viper is the Viper, base form. there is no Super Viper that cost loads more than the base Viper. And if Chevy has to build limited edition cars to compete with the Viper than so be it, thats fine the point is they are not base Vetts, and the Viper is a base model.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:30 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Honestly i dont think there is any contest between the "Blue Devil" and the Viper, the thing is the blue devil is a limited run, just like the Z06 is. Sorry to say it but the Viper is the Viper, base form. there is no Super Viper that cost loads more than the base Viper. And if Chevy has to build limited edition cars to compete with the Viper than so be it, thats fine the point is they are not base Vetts, and the Viper is a base model.
Wrong, the Viper is a "limited" edition model car.....and more to the point...its not a base model anything. It's the ONLY model Viper offered....

Not to mention they had to go with a V10 to get that power in the Viper....

Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Um.... It's always been a V10...

I really wish there were two models. We need a toned down version like the Corvette.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

Wrong, the Viper is a "limited" edition model car.....and more to the point...its not a base model anything. It's the ONLY model Viper offered....

Not to mention they had to go with a V10 to get that power in the Viper....

Had to go with a V10 to make Power?? they made 8s 40 years ago that made twice as much power as your cars engine, they made the V10 to be special and exotic. Please research something, Anything… I have no idea why you ever type anything, what are you trying to do exactly?

Majin_Neon_00, your right on the money baby [sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 01-06-2007, 01:14 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Um.... It's always been a V10...

I really wish there were two models. We need a toned down version like the Corvette.

No way Killer,

Thats why its a Viper, theres one Model, one car, 10 Cylinders andno options mother fu*kers.

But yes that car would sell, it would simply ruin the image of the greatest American muscle car ever.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:52 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Dodge went with the V10 for more reasons then just wanting to be special and exotic......they didnt have a V8 at the time that could be used for a performance supercar.....and Dodge wanted to seperate itself from being a wannabe Corvette. It was a good idea, but it's also a cop out.

Think about it from this perspective, you could upgrade the new SRT 6.1L V8 and push 500hp or better for less then the cost of a Viper V10 powerplant....or come very close in price anyhow....

And the Big 3 all had V8's pushing 400hp or higher back in the 60's.....but they also couldnt handle for crap outside of a straight line....(this is a generalization, as most of the 60's & 70's muscle cars werent very good handling cars compared to todays performance vehicles)

Also, are you just dense or stupid? The Viper is NOT a muscle car....it's a sportscar/borderline supercar......

Old 01-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i think hes both dense AND stupid.

Quick Reply: Viper news!!!!