Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Produce the Dodge Razor Petition

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 AM
Gargoile
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Produce the Dodge Razor Petition

If you want DCX to build the Razor, you need to sign the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/buildit2/petition.html

Old 08-08-2004, 01:28 AM
acdc_mex
Professional
Default RE: Produce the Dodge Razor Petition

Nice!!!!!! but there arent so much petition, put a big anuoncment on everything, in every page.. yahoo and others

Old 08-08-2004, 01:13 PM
redriderbob
Banned
Default Produce the Dodge Razor Petition

The Razor is a car, that everytime I hear is either green lighted for production or axed from future lineup. But w/ the Smart-based Dodge Slingshot Concept car shown at the past year's North American International Auto Show in Detroit, there is no doubt Dodge will bring a sporty little rear-wheel drive car to the lineup soon.

As for the Razor, in my opinion I have never liked the styling too much. I do like what they were going towards w/ the powertrain, a Neon SRT-4 based 2.4L "Turbocharged" I-4, w/ a 5-speed manual gearbox and RWD. But the interior styling is great, the exterior needs to be re-thought. I would look at the 2006 Pontiac Solstice for help. Very nice exterior design, base and supercharged versions of the ECOTEC 4-cylinder engines, RWD, and priced at just under $18,000. The Razor and Solstice Concept appeared together at the NAIAS in 2002. However, the Razor was based at a $16,000 pricetag. But if they could boost some styling cures on the car, make the cars design "flow"... they might just have a Solstice killer.

redriderbob

Old 08-12-2004, 11:16 PM
novicius
Professional

The Razor is long dead -- curse the bean-counting accountant-types that killed her! [>:]

The Slingshot is not a worthy replacement, IMHO. All we can hope for is that we'll one day see a decent RWD turbocharged pocket-rocket...!

- novicius -

Old 08-13-2004, 10:23 AM
DSMLVR

I guess Chrysler got thier results. I had a 95 Eagle Talon that I bought new Oct3, 94. When the Razor concept came out, I said THAT CAR was the only vehicle I would get to replace my Talon. Well, I waited, and waited, and waited, I made the mistake of getting behind the wheel of a new Pacifica. I bought one. I guess Chrysler is pretty smart. I paid over twice (plus) what I would have paid for a Razor. I guess THAT is thier marketing concept. Show it, don't make it, sell more expensive cars when people get tired of waiting.

Old 08-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

There is the Dodge RUMBLE BEE ( careful it will sting you) There is the Dodge VIPER (look out it venom will kill you) HOw hbout the Dodge ROTTWEILER (look out it will tear you apart and eat you) An affordable mean *** looking muscle car that will destroy the GTO, Camero T/A (what are left on the road) Mustang and any rice burner. Tell me I'm wrong but that sounds pretty good too

Old 08-13-2004, 08:17 PM
novicius
Professional

Heh. [&:]

A two-seater RWD coupe with a turbocharged 2.4L/5-spd drivetrain and weighing 2600-2800lbs. would be more than enough to be a.) fast, and b.) truly affordable. The Razor fit this bill perfectly -- but I guess they didn't see the feasibility or business sense to build it.

$35k+ Charger or bust, I guess...

- novicius -

Old 08-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Deviousin10tions
Professional

Does Dodge really need a car that looks like an Audi TT screwed a Nissan 350Z?

Old 08-15-2004, 02:13 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DSMLVR

I guess Chrysler got thier results. I had a 95 Eagle Talon that I bought new Oct3, 94. When the Razor concept came out, I said THAT CAR was the only vehicle I would get to replace my Talon. Well, I waited, and waited, and waited, I made the mistake of getting behind the wheel of a new Pacifica. I bought one. I guess Chrysler is pretty smart. I paid over twice (plus) what I would have paid for a Razor. I guess THAT is thier marketing concept. Show it, don't make it, sell more expensive cars when people get tired of waiting.
Yep, that is what they've decided to do with the Charger R/T as well.[:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Produce the Dodge Razor Petition