Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Grand Cherokee CRD Pricing Announced

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:07 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Cherokee CRD Pricing Announced

Pricing announced for 2007 Grand Cherokee CRD

Today at the Washington Auto Show, the Chrysler Group announced pricing for its first diesel-powered, full-size sport-utility vehicle to be offered in the United States. The manufacturer's suggested retail price for the JeepĀ® Grand Cherokee Limited CRD will begin at $38,475, including $695 destination. The 3.0-liter V-6 CRD engine will be available on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and Overland 4x2 and 4x4 models. The Grand Cherokee Limited CRD 4x4 MSRP is $41,715, and the Grand Cherokee Overland CRD will have an MSRP of $41,960 for 4x2 models and $45,395 for 4x4 models (including destination.) More than 60 percent of the Chrysler Group vehicles sold in Western Europe are diesel powered. The Grand Cherokee CRD will be manufactured at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit. The 3.0-liter V-6 CRD engine is built at the Mercedes-Benz Berlin Marienfelde Plant in Berlin, Germany. The Grand Cherokee with a 3.0-liter common-rail turbodiesel (CRD) engine will begin to arrive at Jeep dealerships in March.

I just looked at the Jeep website. The CRD is about a $2,000 option.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:34 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Grand Cherokee CRD Pricing Announced

Good grief that is expensive. With as much as SUVs cost, I wish they wouldn't do the stupid package system with engines. They would be better off if they would make the CRD available in all models.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

GC is over priced if you base it on size. It is not a very big SUV, justslightly bigger than a Ford Escape. Leg room for the back seat is limited. But you can buy one that is really quick!

Not to get off topic but I also think the Wrangler is over priced as well. Look at what you get, a metal box, with a below basic interior and you pay mid 20s all the way up to 30s! The worst part, they rust bad in the Northern states, even the ones built recently. Door hinges, ect. Do not get me wrong, I like the thing, but damn, price it like it should be priced, a metal box with no thrills that will rust sooner than it should.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:40 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

GC is over priced if you base it on size. It is not a very big SUV, justslightly bigger than a Ford Escape. Leg room for the back seat is limited. But you can buy one that is really quick!

Not to get off topic but I also think the Wrangler is over priced as well. Look at what you get, a metal box, with a below basic interior and you pay mid 20s all the way up to 30s! The worst part, they rust bad in the Northern states, even the ones built recently. Door hinges, ect. Do not get me wrong, I like the thing, but damn, price it like it should be priced, a metal box with no thrills that will rust sooner than it should.
what he said

Quick Reply: Grand Cherokee CRD Pricing Announced