Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2009 Ram Pickups

Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 AM
Rammin99
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Ram Pickups

See now that wasn't hard! Why can't none of the big 3 use common sense when designing the interior of their pickups....it's mind boggling. Thanks for the picture of Japanese common sense.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rammin99

See now that wasn't hard! Why can't none of the big 3 use common sense when designing the interior of their pickups....it's mind boggling. Thanks for the picture of Japanese common sense.
It's not common sense it's a design decision. I would personally rather have extra space in the center console than have it taken up by the headrest mount and seatbelt. (Not to mention I think the headrest looks ugly) You on the other hand obviously like it and think it's a good idea. It will be the same way in the market, some will like it some would rather not have it. If you think about it though how often do the majority of pickup buyers have someone sitting there? For most people I know it's almost never.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Rammin99
Amateur

You present very valid points, but I do feel it is common sense to have a shoulder/lap belt at ALL six seats in the pickup, if possible (including the back middle seat). I too love my console in my Ram; however, I simply do not use the whole space provided. Mostly just the coin collectors and put a few things in the actual console. In contrast, when my girlfriend insists on sitting in the middle when she rides with me (as the new Trace Adkins song states) I would prefer for her to have the shoulder belt as well, with the extreme number of deer we have here in Eastern Washington. IMHO If they really wanted to, I'm sure they could find a way to integrate the belt and keep the large console that we all know and love. For $50,000 it seems like we keep getting the same ole stuff, with a different arrrangement or faceplate, and yet the price continues to go up. Just my .02

Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie

I think they should just offer either buckets with a solid console (i.e. no seating option), or the option with the seat and necessary safety measures. This is a standard practice with the other manufacturers. Well, minus the safety measures....Toyota excluded. I was amazed that the newly designed Silverado didn't even have a rear center head-restraint.

As far as exterior styling, well that's a tough one. But I agree that evolution beatsrevolution. So far, I think the new GMCs look the best. I keep trying to picture the current Ram with a slightly more aggresive Charger-esque grille. Hmmm...maybe if they if they made it look like a Jack-O-Lantern with shark teeth.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Katiesr400

I love the Dodge Rams. I would be deeply sad if they changed to have the interior of a Toyota or Ford,an exterior of Chevy. I bought my Dodge truck because it is a Dodge. I think the Dodge Ram is thehottest truck on the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Ram Pickups