Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Who wants to buy Chrysler group?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Cordoba man
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who wants to buy Chrysler group?

I didn't mean to offend anyone that may own a grand prix. I just know several people that have had many low to mid-range GM's and have been plagued with problems, and by the same 'word of mouth' anyone I know that has had a focus is happy with it, and as for toyota, I don't know much about their newer trucks, but several people I know have owned their cars for years and done nothing but oil changes and tires. My uncle is on his 4th Camry in 20 years and previously he was a ford man. I'll never forget his orange pinto.
Don't get me wrong, I've always had good luck with Chrysler and would not quickly jump into anything foreign, but I would definitly choose an import over a low end GM.
I just know that Packard was known as a good car, and now you only see that name on GM's spark plug wires. I would hate to buy a chevy with the Dodge name on the bell housing, for example.
I do support North American products as much as possible, but there are limits. I won't buy something that I percieve as a lemon. My mother had an '83 Malibu, and as I remember, we fixed it more than we drove it. And it was always a different problem, so it's not like it wasn't fixed right, just one thing after another. She came to her senses and bought an '87 Horizon.
Thanks for the tip anyway, I would check the service records and complaints before buying another type of car anyway. I also ask the local parts shop what he sells a lot of for a particular vehicle before I decide.
When I bought my Sebring, he told me 'brakes and ball joints, just like your old dodge'. That's good enough for me.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:35 PM
RockettDog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who wants to buy Chrysler group?

The article talks about a joint large SUV venture between GM and Chysler. What the general population cares about is hybrids and gas saving cars at this point. That's where the market is going. The Asians "get it". Dodge needs to appear somewhat "green" to compete down the line. There are some moves in that direction, but the perception is that American companies don't give a damn about any of it really. Tell me I'm nuts, but when Al Gore gets in office, (and I'm sure him or someone like him will), our muscle cars are gonna be in big trouble. In fact any large car car, truck, SUV or whatever. Let's enjoy the here and now because we need to strap in because we are gonna get f*%ked!

Quick Reply: Who wants to buy Chrysler group?