Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler CEO Urges Workers.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:38 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler CEO Urges Workers.........

[/align]

DETROIT (AP) — Chrysler Group Chief Executive Tom LaSorda has spent the past few days soothing the nerves of employees and dealers as stories swirl about a possible sale of his company.[/align]LaSorda sent an e-mail message to workers on Wednesday saying that he knows there have been a "frenzy of rumors" since last week's announcement that German parent DaimlerChrysler (DCX) is seeking partners and strategic options for its U.S. operations.
Chairman Dieter Zetsche wouldn't rule out selling Chrysler, and late last week, reports surfaced that General Motors (GM) was among the entities interested in buying the company.
In his message, LaSorda said he couldn't respond to the reports because of legal requirements, but said the DaimlerChrysler Board of Management has a duty to consider all options.
"It may take weeks or months before official comments can be made on some issues," the e-mail said, adding that the DaimlerChrysler board has strongly endorsed the struggling Chrysler's recovery plan.
"Meanwhile, our job is very clear. Our mission is to produce great cars and trucks, to take care of our customers and to restore profitability," he said in the e-mail. "Whatever fork in the road we may take, we first have to make sure we're on the road — and the recovery and transformation plan is that road."
Last week the company announced plans to shed 13,000 jobs, including 11,000 production workers and 2,000 salaried employees as it trims expenses and factory capacity to match declining sales. It also announced the closure of one plant and layoffs at several others.
LaSorda said in the e-mail, first reported Thursday in The Detroit News and later confirmed by the automaker, that information on voluntary separation and early retirement programs will be communicated to employees in the next few days.
LaSorda also visited two dealers in the Los Angeles area and will talk to others on Thursday, said company spokesman Mike Aberlich.
"Tom is very, very focused on communicating as directly as he can. He has a calming effect on people," Aberlich said.
GM won't comment on reports that it is interested in buying Chrysler, calling them speculation. But officials wouldn't deny the reports, either.
Chrysler last week announced a 2006 operating loss of $1.475 billion and said it expects to show losses through 2007. DaimlerChrysler earned $4.26 billion in 2006.
[/align]From the 'net[/align]

Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Default RE: Chrysler CEO Urges Workers.........

The biggest morale booster I can think of is that LaSorda is fired!

Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

What I dont understand is how/why did Daimler Benz come to be the "parent" company?

And how could they sell something they never bought?

If we all remember the merger, it was supposed to be two equals going in together and just sharing assets... Yes, it was obvisous that Daimler wanted, and for the most part did a take over, but those questions are interesting to think about.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

GM is interested in buying us? Dont you think they need to work on their side of the fence before they buy ours?

Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

I dont see how GM can buy a pack of hotwheels, with all the problems they're having. At least DCX has some hot products unlike Ford or GM. I cant see Chrysler getting bought out by either of those. At least I hope not...

Old 02-25-2007, 08:25 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how the heck can Mercedes sell Chrysler? there are in a MERGE, Mercedes didn't buy, they merged as one.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

I can't imagine what this is doing to Chryslerstocks..

Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

dcx stock has been climbing due to this.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Tristan21

Will someone that knows please list the percentages that are Daimlerchrysler. 50/50? 49/51? What?

I always thought Dodge stayed seperate and that the funds still go back to the American part of the company. I guess I was wrong on that but I have been living the fantasy that I still drove an American truck. Am I wrong?

I am a diehard American first and formost and I thought that my family heritage of buying chryslers was still not in question? I am more of an American than a Dodge guy and im 100% Dodge.

Hepl me out.

Maybe I should start a new thread?

Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

dcx stock has been climbing due to this.
Heh. They probably are. People taking a risk hoping that there's a merger. Pittiful, I can't see it happening considering Chrysler is already a merger..

Quick Reply: Chrysler CEO Urges Workers.........