Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler Talks W/GM Getting Closer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:00 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Talks W/GM Getting Closer.

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

I really like the Trail Blazer with the SS package
Which is a big doofy suv with a sportscar engine in it. I agree the package is a great deal and it looks alright, but the average buyer even looking to buy an suv isn't looking for an LS2 Corvette engine or whatever in their suv. Main reason is to haul people and cargo, not to go mach 5 in a moving brick.
And what exactly is the SRT-8 Jeep or SRT-10 Ram? The EXACT same thing you just trashed in a GM wrapper.....

Do us all a favor, stop reading magazines, and get a clue...

Old 03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

I don't care for the merger myself if it were to happen.GM is not going to keep another line of trucks to try and sell. First off everytime GM redesigns it's across the board. All the trucks get it, then all the SUV's get it, ... I don't want a GM looking DODGE on the road anytime soon. But who knows now a days I could be totally wrong. Personally I like to have variety. I feel that if GM merges you lose a little bit of choice in the automobile market. More variety means more competition. That leads to price control. GM has plenty of models I don't think they need any more Kool-Aid.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:55 AM
dhbgl1800
Rookie

Just read on one of the NASCAR forums that a Chinese company is a leading bidder....

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 03:42 AM
manatlarge2
Rookie

I don't think there will be a GM buyout of Chrysler. Why? DR.Z has said several times, in the company of everyone, that he has no intentions of selling Chrysler. Period. Chrysler may have lost 1.5 billion dollars in its fourth quarter, but with Ford losing 13.3 billion and GM losing 10.6 Billion, Chrysler is in far better shape. We hit a pot hole. We didn't fall off the planet, and every investor and company official knows that, so pleasse stop killing us off or selling us off.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:06 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Ford cant even get it up anymore, And GM will still completely suck, so whats really going to Change?
Better China than Iran, at least we aren’t going to Nukethem any time soon

Old 04-01-2007, 04:44 AM
tinyfxds
Veteran

GM won't buy Chrysler. Chryslers' overseas market is almost nonexistant, so why buy cars that sell in North America, they would just be competing with themselves. Also, GM is just starting to get over their huge losses from the past few years by downsizing and minamizing costs. The last thing they need is to buy Chrysler who's got huge numbers of unsold vehicles just sitting in storage lots. I wouldn't worry . Chrsyler has a plan to get back on their feet by 2009. If they still haven't done it by then, I hope you can speak Chinese.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:42 AM
moparforlife

If any auto-manufacturer from Asia buys DC, I'm going to spontaneously combust!

I think that would be the sickest idea of a pure form of turture by Dr Z, Benz, and any American share holders that would even dare consider selling to China, or Japan. I would like to think that won't happen. Hopefully they aren't cruel to the bone, or that sick.

I would prefer GM or Ford owning Dodge opposed to the others, at least it's on American soil repelling Asian-Imports. We all know they can, but keep it here. Don't sell out. I have more confidence in the idea of a turn-around then I do losing a great thing. I know they'll pull through.

If GM does buy it up with the proposed 20% market share with Benz (Dr. Z) into GM, then they better leave the god-damn Chryco/Dodge/Mopar lines alone, and continue to produce those great products! Hell, it would be like the death ofElvis or JFK, or something bigger to me, if Dodge/Chrysler products got renamed, or shut down.

Man, this isn't looking good.I hope they pull through!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

I really don't know what's wrong with this country. We already have a 2 billion dollar trade defecit with China and we might let them sell cars over hear. I HATE IT! It's like we are quietly sitting around letting China manipulate us into doing what ever they want. We owe them a butt load of money, we let them do damn near anything they want. I want our government to even the playing fields for once and not be a bunch of P%$ssies.

Sorry, forgot to breath there and got a little light headed.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:48 AM
moparforlife

ORIGINAL: tinyfxds

I really don't know what's wrong with this country. We already have a 2 billion dollar trade defecit with China and we might let them sell cars over hear. I HATE IT! It's like we are quietly sitting around letting China manipulate us into doing what ever they want. We owe them a butt load of money, we let them do damn near anything they want. I want our government to even the playing fields for once and not be a bunch of P%$ssies.

Sorry, forgot to breath there and got a little light headed.
Amen, you said it best.

Importing products, and allowing the "Asian" market to monopolize our market, is what's killing America (and Canada). Politicians are too concerned with buying summer homes, mansions, and eating at $10,000 dinner functions as they soak up the profits and bleed the working class. The biggest mistake (IMO) was free-trade. By doing that, they've allowed this to happen. Remember, they pay chinese workers a hell of alot less than they do here. We can't compete with that. Only solution is to shut the doors on free-trade, demand the "Asian" countries use a proper wage-system on their goods & manufacturing, or tax the sh_t out of their products coming in. Pay off the deficit alot quicker.

The American market is collapsing, and it's free-trade thats allowing it to happen.

In the end, it's whats killing the Big-Three.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Talks W/GM Getting Closer.