Caliber SRT-4 This compact crossover combines high performance with the interior room of a small SUV.

2007 Dodge Caliber SRT4: Press Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT4: Press Kit

Well first of all, the 0-60 is just a pre-production estimate. It's not exact.

No, the SRT-4 is not AWD, it's FWD.

The reason it hasn't been released it due to the fact that they are having damaging problems with wheel hop. Too much hp for the FWD system.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 PM
slaterracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Well first of all, the 0-60 is just a pre-production estimate. It's not exact.

No, the SRT-4 is not AWD, it's FWD.

The reason it hasn't been released it due to the fact that they are having damaging problems with wheel hop. Too much hp for the FWD system.
Everything that i have ever read on it is that it is AWD not FWD. That is part of the reason the 0 to 60 is not better the AWD (plus the caliber itself) weighs a lot more than the 03-05 SRT-4. As for 300hp FWD and Wheel hop there are tons of things to do to fix that look at all the cars on SRTforum. If the Dodge engineers cannot figure it out then they need to go back to school.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The SRT-4 is FWD, you've been reading rumors. This above posting is the official pres release. It's not AWD. Only the RT is. Not having AWD, lowers the price of the Caliber SRT-4 by atleast 2,800.

How do you figure it's 0-60 "under 6 seconds" is not better than the Neon SRT-4? It could be any number. There are some sources that claim 5.5 seconds, but tt's not exact, obviously. Dodge also states that the 1/4 mle is "under 14 seconds". Considering the Neon SRT-4 could only pull off a 13.9 with an EXCELLENT driver, I'd guess that it's better.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:29 PM
millenniumdna
All Star

My 2 cents for what its worth. Having had an 04 SRT, that was pretty much stock had a intake and BOV but nothing major. The SRT was an amazing car the CSRT I feel is an improvement. For me and I stress this is for me. I feel the CSRT is more comfortable, better equipped, and handles better. The SRT had a almost unstable feel I don't see this in the CSRT. I cant tell the differnece in performace either, and I love having 6th gear. The SRT seemed like it needed 6th gear on the freeway so I am glad it was added. I like the the look of the SRT better, but I also enjoy the look of the CSRT.

Well that is my two cents.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:23 PM
marroyc

We have a 2007 Dodge Caliber and the Electronic Throttle Control light comes on....Can you give me any info....Thanks in advance...

Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
It indicates a problem with either the throttlebody or the pedal assembly. I would have it scanned for codes to see what code shows up and post it here.

Quick Reply: 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT4: Press Kit